My other, other, other project.. :O

In 1969 my old man bough a 2 year old Morris mini moke

In 1994 I inherited it for my 18th birthday complete with:

original reciept for £462, letter to me on my birthdate offering me the car on my 18th. and extensive history.

I had it on the road for 2 years then left it stood up under a cover slowly rotting for 9 years.

2 years ago, I dragged it out and stripped it down, took it to the bead blasters and forgot about it! having got carried away with various vr projects it took bumping into another moke at pod this year to get off my backside and collect it..

the photos are where we are now with it.. a bit bare, but then again they are pretty basic cars 3 people can pick it up and paralell park!

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

I'll update on progress as we go, but the plan is to have it road worthy by april..?(h)

na.. wouldnt fit unless in the back and i cant butcher it. Its worth a small fortune..

I was gonna hayabusa turbo it, but it just isnt the right shape to go fast and windscreens tend to blow out over 100 as does the front end start to lift!

Sensibly I feel the brakes upgraded from drums to discs, and a 1300 cooper s lump, cams and a good old port and polished head, with maybe some balancing for good measure..

Just gotta get the body restored to stock and then the fun can begin ;)

• 2 weeks later...

One of my friends had a Moke. He used a 1.6 CRX lump. Very quick. Metro turbo lump will go in but hard to source. I'd stick to the Honda idea as there as I know there are mounting kits available for the mini. Not the same car I know but them companies could probably help.

Some people go down the bike engine route. http://www.zcars.org.uk/mini/conversion.htm