Latest car-jacking techniques.

Hello, just been sent a round robin email about this latest car jacking technique, really dont know how much truths in it, does seem a little basic, but i guess thats what works.

Heres the email copied directly so sorry for the email type way in which it is written.

--- IMPORTANT

Warning..!!!!

Just last weekend on Friday night we parked in a public car park. As we drove away I noticed a sticker on the rear window of the car. When I took it off after I got home, it was a receipt for petrol. Luckily my friend told me not to stop as it could be someone waiting for me to get out of the

car. Then we received this email yesterday.

WARNING FROM POLICE

THIS APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MEN

BEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE--

NEW WAY TO DO CARJACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)'

Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating.. You walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine put it into reverse.

When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you stop and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.

When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically run you over as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car.

So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, lock your doors and just drive away.

Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you

read this e-mail. I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to women.

A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong hands.

Just thought it was worth letting people know even if it holds no truth

basically car jackers are sticking lil bits of paper on rear windows of cars so once you start your an look in rear view mirror and see this bit of paper, you get out car LEAVING the engine running and go to back window and then they jump in your car an drive off

Its been around for years that one has.....but hey if your daft enough to get out the car and walk round back with keys still in to move a bit of paper then you deserve to lose your car..........its what rear wash/wipes are for. or leave it till you get home.

Or if like me just drive round with it on for about 10 days till I can be bothered to take it off

I've heard of this being done for a while. another one used to be tying a few empty beer cans to the exhaust. as u drive off it rattles and sounds horrible, u get out to look, they jump in.... same principle. just drive away and check it once your out of the carpark!

i heard about this a long while back to, like others have said, thats why i reverse into spaces, also always keep my doors locked whenever im in the car, someone tryed to jump in the scoob once when i was sat at in traffic, scared me to death, just glad i had the doors locked.

Haha, I've had a crisp packet taped to my rear windscreen once before in a car park.

Drove to a clear part of the car park before I got out...if it was this sort of thing, they made a mistake of taping it to the driver side of the rear windscreen.

They have to make it to your shut door, open it, jump in and manage to not stall it while taking off the handbrake while selecting first and not 3rd in the space of maybe a second before Mr confused and angry jumps onto their lap or manages to grab their throat.