Highline question

My black highline aint got one either, with standard lights, yet Sals Mulberry (purple to you Craig ) has got it ??????????????? Was the steering wheel optional as well dont see many of them lol rocking horse s**t springs to mind..

i've got a black Highline and it didn''t have adjustable headlights when I bought it as standard. Quad headlights were not standard on these or any UK MK3's as far as I'm aware. Mine also didn't have the wooden steering wheel or gearknob so I will hazard a guess that along with climate control, these were options on Highline models. I stand to be corrected though.

Kevin

I was under the impression that the wooden gearknob was highline standard. Your steering wheel is a rare item, although not to everyones taste. and no, my highline doesnt have a headlight adjuster either.. so nothings been messed about with, you've just got quads fitted by a prev owner!

• 2 weeks later...

my highline has neither the wooden wheel or gear lever. is this normal? its an early '96.

mine had the leather gear knob all in one type and std leather wheel

not the wooden one

but i have fitted the rare Golf mk3.5 half wooden/leather wheel

and mk 4 golf wooden knob

and it really feels so much better to drive and look at

my highline has neither the wooden wheel or gear lever. is this normal? its an early '96.

not the wooden one

Thats what mine has, all in one leather gear knob.

Definiately a highline car though, has all the black a,b and c post trim heated leather, a/c and has highline on logbook, and the small vr6 badging

Does anyone know if a MK4 steering wheel and airbag will fit? as there a bit thicker and mine is worn out!!

not the wooden one

Thats what mine has' date=' all in one leather gear knob.

Definiately a highline car though, has all the black a,b and c post trim heated leather, a/c and has highline on logbook, and the small vr6 badging

Does anyone know if a MK4 steering wheel and airbag will fit? as there a bit thicker and mine is worn out!!

[/quote']

as long as it has Highline on the log book v5 then its 100% Highline

mk 4 will fit as far as i know but you have to drill something to get it modified

i am sure some one will know from this helpful forum

Yea they do come on with the rear screen' date=' used mine last night! Johnyboy check they are plugged in or they havent been changed for base spec glass!

[/quote']

Is it easy to take the glass off to check? If so how i dont wanna break the glass in the process?

I wouldnt take the mirror off if I was you, nightmare IMHO, leave well alone!

My std VR6 has heated mirrors on it by the way :)

You need to get the shell off the back to get to the mirror clips to get it off, this part IMHO is not easy atall and you risk breaking the glass. A new drivers glass is getting on for £50 from VW garages, so I dont see the point.

Maybe go to a VW garage and give them your registration, they can tell you what you have on the car from that information.

So which is it? One says its easy and the other says it isnt?

Can it be that difficult to take the glass off to see?

LOL

I tried this on my mk2 and it was hard enough. I wouldn't try it again.

Another question about the highline. Did they all come with the deep chin spoiler or was that just the very late ones.