Snapped bonnet cable

glad you're in. Did the cable snap or just come off the mount half way down the wing??? Tiwrap it to the mount half way down the wing either way once the repair is made..

Is it the standard Imobilizer or after market. Usually such devices need to be reset and all alarm points cloded during the reset..

Hope it helps a little

Try pushing down on the alarm sensor under the bonnet so it tricks it into thinking the bonnet is shut' date=' then try taking the alarm off. again, just an idea, dunno if it will help!! lol

[/quote']

Exactly what i was going to suggest.

If the car was locked when u opened the bonnet it will think u've broken in and depending on the alarm, will activate the immobiliser

Standard factory one, think i'm going to remove the whole system tomorrow, hopefully that will cure it. Seems to be the immobilizer has kicked in on it and the integral one should be alright as it works off the key and reader coil. If this doesn't work going to take it up to an autospark and see if they can cure it.

When I go to start it the hazzards come on and the car doesn't even attempt to turn over, hazzards also come on when I open the doors. Think I might have to stump up for a new alarm. as and when. So going to do a temporary immobilizer switch on it in the mean time, would I be best to just run this on the battery socket?

As for recoding the alarm thats there now, everybody in the dealer I used to work for seems to think it can't be recoded, my mate did mention a small three pi plug hid somewhere around the dash that would reset it. Has anyone ever seen such a thing?

Its a scorpion 918. If you have a passenger airbag or upper glovebox the alarm module is usually behind there and has dip switches on it....maybe they will allow you to disable it....silly thing but have you changed the fob battery as mine eats them for breakfast? Did you try and jump start the car as these alarm suffer from voltage spikes....really sensitive...same thing happened to mine just disconnected the battery over night abd changed the fob battery so dont know which cured it...sorry!