Z Engineering Supercharger belt.

Don't suppose anyone knows where I can get the short toothed belt for my supercharger?? It's approx 500mm and 21mm wide. Only just fitted the kit and I'm not sure on the exact model of it but the belt only lasted me a day so think could have been just a little too tight :S

Hi

The belt you're talking about doesn't need to be very tight. Over tightening can and will eventually cause the charger to fail so it's important to get the tension right.

I have a Z charger on mine but mine has 2 thin belts. If yours is the toothed belt then it's probably the ZR2. Post a pic of the charger and belt if you can and I'll see if I can help you source one.

Kevin

Don't suppose anyone knows where I can get the short toothed belt for my supercharger?? It's approx 500mm and 21mm wide. Only just fitted the kit and I'm not sure on the exact model of it but the belt only lasted me a day so think could have been just a little too tight :S

mate the belt should have a reference number on the outside of it - find your local branch of these peeps http://www.brammer.co.uk/default.aspx and quote them the number and they will provide you with a belt - much better quality than the original ones designed for the charger and cheaper !! and as above dont overtighten the belt although these ones are so much better quality have had mine on for ages now and no sign of any wear :)

can dig out my paperwork if you need the specs of the belt mate :)

Thanks everyone for all the info!! Can anyone tell me the part number for their belt or belts? Mine has turned into nothing but dust which has attached itself to the filter now! It is a toothed belt that I need. Here is a pic of the charger but beltless for now http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae284/Gazbarber1982/DSC00330.jpg

I've spoke to Vince @ Stealth, Regal Motorsports, Awesome GTi, Storm, to name a few but no such look as yet.

Raj at ns is prob closest to you kevin dunno if cheapest though.

Nice one mate, but Sparkz is my cousin ;) I followed that R32 Turbo out to Germany last month.

I've already got a spare one for mine but was also thinking about a possible group buy depending on what prices peeps have paid for theirs. I'll look into it and let folks know.

Kevin

I'd love to but I need mine first thing. Spent 2 hours fitting it and an hour driving it before it went but will be interested in buyin a few spares. Any reccommendations on a filter to bolt to the charger? The one on it now is full of rubber dust and I think is a cheap one anyway. It's a JR?!

Raj at ns is prob closest to you kevin dunno if cheapest though.

Nice one mate, but Sparkz is my cousin ;) I followed that R32 Turbo out to Germany last month.

I've already got a spare one for mine but was also thinking about a possible group buy depending on what prices peeps have paid for theirs. I'll look into it and let folks know.

no probs fella, hope your gb goes ok. those 32`s where a bit special at the rr in germany.

I pay 10.00 for the small belt and as ben said 500 5m should be a recognised part number. For a serpentine belt with air con i paid 103.00 delivered by slstuning.de....rufkompressoren was cheaper but theyre english wasnt to good and only took a wired bank transfer???

Got a couple of belts ordered today from Ben's reccommended place. Quoted £16 a belt but not a definate price. Will be here at 9.30 in the morning so I'm told so will let you's know how I get on. I was looking through their catalogue this morning and I think that if you know how long your belt needs to be, they could supply you with any belt that you needed including the double sided serpentine belt with or without A/C.

Once again though I would like to thank everyone for their quick responses and help with this query. I have a couple of S3's n MkV GTi's that need showing what a proper car is before the end of the week and I don't think I could of done it without everyone's help!!! (B):) (B)

Cheers lads!!!

Thanks for everyone's input!! Can anyone reccommend somewhere for a live remap in the north west or a decent generic remap for my car with the charger?? It's a OBD1 coilpack but remapscience.co.uk have put a socket in my ecu so I can plug n play chips. The car had a remap a week before the charger. It runs OK when cold but once it warms up it feels a bit like it wants a fight with anythin that comes near it. All jumpy and twitchy? Ben says could be too lean or rich.