End of Engine transplants????

yeah read that earlier and have to agree with one of the comments on there that now all you have to do is fill out a few forms and get the engine / conversion checked by an authoritive body - doesn't sound too over the top to me personally :) guess it just means more peeps will buy chargers / turbos rather than putting in new engines :)

But it doesnt stop them doing conversions badly,

The garages around me can't be trusted to change a spark plug properly!!

All that will happen is like has already been said that people will still just go ahead and change the engine,

TBH if you have the know how to change or swap and engine then it's fairly likely that you can change the brakes,

It would also be interesting to find out what qulifications are required to " convert" an engine,

Plus fook paying thousands for converting to a larger engine when most of the time it's a bolt on part convertion,

I have known of garages to charge several thousand pounds to change a mk2 fiesta n/a to a mfi turbo lump,

and they didn't even mention brakes!!

this sounds like there just getting stricter on the forms abit like someone said earlier just fill the forms and its easy. The engine number is aload off rubbish anyways. If a new car gets a engien replacement under warranty they dont change the engine number because new units dont have one!