ive been running a cheap inclosed type airfilter that i picked up from halfords it has a similar look to the bmc.ive been running it for a while and noticed that the car was lasy and i never had that vr sound.so my cousin who also owns a vr come to see me and took my car out he also said it feels sluggish up top but bottom end it feels ok he then looked at my filter and said that the filter look quite small and that the vr respond well to breathing right so we tried his filter on mine and the car just is a diiferent car it picks up and pulls pull and pulls lol after putting my filter side by side a proper bmc it shows just how much smaller and restrictive mine was,the car feels ten times better more aggresive can this have been the problem and has anyone else had this problem

Cheers

Aaron

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently put an FK auto filter on mine, like the sound - until high up rev range where its a bit eardrum-busting noisy but not sure if less responsive. I guess now it's sucking in warm engine bay air, rather than the cold air the standard filter box gets. I may swap back to see if any difference

I've recently put an FK auto filter on mine' date=' like the sound - until high up rev range where its a bit eardrum-busting noisy but not sure if less responsive. I guess now it's sucking in warm engine bay air, rather than the cold air the standard filter box gets. I may swap back to see if any difference

[/quote']

you could try sheilding it and running fresh air pipe from under inner wing

cold air feeds are easy if you remove the carbon filter fro under the inner wing you could then run a pipe into there or even into the front lower vent for ram air

if you have an open filter it would be better to site it behind the bumper and run a pipe from that to your maf