I currently have a 2008 MK.V R32 DSG and have decided to sell and instead buy a Bora 4motion and use a C2 turbo kit.

Firstly, has anyone with the 24v 4motion turboed this car before (pref. with C2motorsports)?

Besides brakes, suspension, clutch and exhaust is there anything else I should budget for the car after the turbo kit installation?

Is purchasing a car for the conversion with 80,000kms too much to start turboing?

Anything else I should be aware of?

If I want a low/sub 12 second quarter mile time what whp kit should I be aiming for?

Thanks for your help.

As I understand it you'll need to have the engine apart if you are going to turbo it. You'll need to lower the compression with a spacer plate and replace the head and crankshaft bolts with items like ARP's. If at this time with the engine apart you may as well do chains and guides and sensible to uprate the clutch. With all this time and money probably worth gas flowing the head aswell. I myself havn't done this conversion but whilst looking into this i've decided to go for a charger instead as the power isn't as aggressive. I'm sure someone will be along soon to correct any of my mistakes and guide you in the right direction. Good luck with the project and look forward to any photo's of your progress.

as bungy said. its really about the internals and prep before the power if ur lookin for a quick sprint car.. the 4wd needs some grunt to move it cos its rather weighty.. why not just turbo the r32?

I can get a a Bora 4motion with the same kms for half the price of a r32. If I were to turbo the r32 I would have to upgrade the dsg which would be very expensive. + no warranty if I were to turbo the r32 + insurance would be extremely high for my age if I can even get insured. Bora 4motion is lighter than the r32.

Bora seems more of a wolfs in sheep's clothing.

The car will be a street car with 3-5 track days per year. I don't actually plan on taking it down the quarter mile but I would like over 400whp.

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have a 2008 MK.V R32 DSG and have decided to sell and instead buy a Bora 4motion and use a C2 turbo kit.

Firstly' date=' has anyone with the 24v 4motion turboed this car before (pref. with C2motorsports)?

Besides brakes, suspension, clutch and exhaust is there anything else I should budget for the car after the turbo kit installation?

Is purchasing a car for the conversion with 80,000kms too much to start turboing?

Anything else I should be aware of?

If I want a low/sub 12 second quarter mile time what whp kit should I be aiming for?

Thanks for your help.

[/quote']

you'd need serous hp to get anywhere near 12seconds, they run about 16seconds standard, my mate has one, took him 4 atempts to do 16.2 very heavy car