Woohoo, my exhaust is here at last!!

Soooooo happy!! Due to the useless feckers at DHL, my exhaust is finally here and is going on today! Fingers crossed it's all good and better than the whistling pipe that was on there. Pics to follow when i've picked it up and got over the fact that i can accelrate without deafening myself!! :)

EDIT: - Just had a call off my mum (the car is at the garage she works at) and the car is too low for one of their ramps!! One of the mechanics is a moany old bugger and can't understand why i want a road car with suspension like that, the ride is aweful and christ knows what else......... anyway, they're trying it on another ramp this afternoon so fingers crossed! x) &|

[ Edited ]

Well, it looks like i'm destined never to have a new exhaust!! Pissed off like you wouldn't believe now!

First of all DHL leave me a delivery attempted note last Wednesday (not their fault i was at work etc, i know), so i ring them on Thursday and ask if it's possible to have it delivered to another address on Friday. One fax later and it's all good. Friday comes.........no exhaust. Ring DHL(Sandwell) to find out what's happened and they tell me that it's in Bristol as the Sandwell branch doesn't deliver to the new delivery postcode (even though it's actually closer to them than the original delivery address!!). Anyway, they tell me that it shouldn't actually be at Bristol, it was wrongly routed, and should be at Gloucester...... So i phone the Bristol branch. "Yeah we've got it here, it's here by mistake so is on a lorry to the Gloucester branch now, will be with you on Monday". Monday comes...........no exhaust. Phone Sandwell, they say "left here last week, phone the tracking line", so i do. Nice helpful half asleep dopey bint says it at the Gloucester branch and tries to contact them to see when it;ll be delivered. No answer so she says she'll ring me back later. Later on arrives......no call! Try ringing again to find that dopey bint 1 has been replaced by useless part timer college lad 1 (who is also asleep, or caned or something like!). He tries to contact Gloucester branch..........no reply. "i'll put a note on the system and we'll call you back" came the reply. By now i was a little bit wound up so i had a bit of a rant at him. I even ask for the phone number for Gloucester so i can call them myself, but i can't have it as "it's their job to do the running around chasing, not mine".......... I get a return call yesterday morning to say it;ll be delivered that day. In all these calls, not 1 apology!

And so, the car goes in today, and as said in my first post, they can't get it on the one ramp. This afternoon they get it in the air and unpack the exhaust to find that it's the single oval tailpipe, not the twin round that i ordered, and there is a dent in the backbox. I phone the Motorsportworld and question it. They phone Jetex (as it was sent straight from them), and find that the dent should be there as it's to clear a bolt in the boot floor..........on a Corrado! So now i'm sat here quite fucked off with everybody as, it's taken 10 days to get a single oval stainless steel exhaust (and now there's doubt over if it's completely stainless) for a Corrado...............

THANK YOU JETEX AND DHL, YOU'VE FUCKED UP MY DAY COMPLETELY!

Sorry for the language and length of this, i'm not happy and need to vent!

I will apologise to Jetex, it wasn't their fault, i found out that it was actually the idiots at Motorsportworld that ordered the wrong part from them! I ordered over the net from Motorsport world as they were the cheapest by about 65 quid, so i thought it was worthwhile. I ended up taking a trip over to Jetex themselves at Stratford last night and exchanging the box there and then (it was only actually the back box that was different), which they very kindly did, and apologised for all of the delivery f*ck ups!

It's now on the ramps being done as i type! At last, i can have a whistle free trip to Whitley Bay!