might be buying a Corrado VR6

Hi guys,

Ive been registered here for a few months now, not posted much though. Im currently just driving a 2.0l 8v gti colour concept mk3 and im really starting to crave more power. Always been my plan to get a VR but i had always assumed it would be a mk3. However of recent months im starting to see the charms of a corrado. My brothers been driving corrados for a few years now but has always had g60 superchargers.

Ive spotted a Corrado VR with no tax or MOT at the moment, the guys got it listed for £1100. My personal feeling is thats far too high for a car with no t&t, but he does say he'd accept a sensible offer. Its L reg with 101k on the clock. Apparently needs a new ABS sensor and new windscreen for an MOT. looks like its sitting on 18" alloys as well which were rubbing and also need swapped for the MOT.

Questions are.... Is it worth a look at that price? whats the possible resale value? how much am i likely to spend fixing it? what should i look for in it?

looks like im going to have to sped 80 quid on trailer hire to bring it home as well.

any info you chaps can give me would be greatly recieved.

rado111.jpg

rado222.jpg

rado333.jpg

heres the pics of it. looks alright in the pictures, might be a lot different in the flesh.. wont know until i see it.

as above, any info anyone can give me would be really appreciated (y)

Def worth a look, if its a good un get a test on it and it worth 2.5k, take your brother to look at it, he should know what to look out for, but check the heater works and on all 4 dials, check for rust under the front valance, check to see if the sunroof works and does not leak (dunno how). and then check for rattles from the chains, door handles/locks central locking.

looks good for the money abs sensors are relatively cheap get it on VAG-COM to find out which sensor it is about £25 on ebay B&B components 01622 677662 speak to Spencer or try your local GSF windscreen is a different story but i would have thought good for the money

so what would you reckon for a new windscreen? on the chaps advert he suggests claiming it through insurance. i dont want to risk higher premiums. My brother suggested £400 if i buy one new. both sound like silly talk to me.

i had figured that a decent condition 'rado would achieve around that figure. means i could have a bit of fun and punt it on and not loose anything, or possibly put something back into my rear hipper.

good info guys, thanks. just have to wait and see if the guy comes back to me with more pics like i asked.

• 1 month later...

yep on a chain. seems a fair price if the body is straight enough and the engine runs well, theyre worth 2500 bare minimum t & t'd, a mate of mine just sold one for 3300, and you occasionally see them over 5000. its got nice miles on the clock aswell. definately worth a punt, especially if you can knock a couple of hundred quid off, providing it is fairly straight

• 2 weeks later...

claiming for a windowscreen on your insurence wont affect your premiums, I've claimed countless window screens before now...

not bad mileage that, just gotta see past the small issues, ABS sensor, windowscreen and scrubbing wheels are nothing mate :)

I'm about to buy a Corrado VR6, seen one for 1.2k needs a new heater matrix and chains doing, but only done 117k on an N reg.

Pete

• 1 year later...