Nurburgring Easter 2010 chat thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about minimising risk. Those that've been there before know what it's like but not knowing some of the new people, I feel it's a good idea to point out that the 'Ring can (and does) bite. You only need to stand at the entrance for an hour to see the mess that gets brought back in on a flat-bed and know that it's not hard to have a crash. Just ask the people who've crashed on previous VR6OC trips...

It's all about minimising risk. Those that've been there before know what it's like but not knowing some of the new people' date=' I feel it's a good idea to point out that the 'Ring can (and does) bite. You only need to stand at the entrance for an hour to see the mess that gets brought back in on a flat-bed and know that it's not hard to have a crash. Just ask the people who've crashed on previous VR6OC trips...

[/quote']

well said mate :)

Being aware of the dangers puts you in a better place to avoid them. That's all I'm trying to say. As for not thinnking about it' date=' you will definitely see some bent metal whilst you're there, so there will be no sticking your head in the sand!

[/quote']

So long as its not mine (or indeed a fellow club member) i couldnt care less!

When you're sat in the car park for two hours or there's a traffic jam all the way into Nurburg, you'll care. More importantly, I'm just keen to get all of us home safely. We'll have a great time with a great bunch of people but one person binning it will ruin the trip, so I'm keen it doesn't happen.

sorry that sounded awful!!

I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt or injured and it would be a great shame to see someone I knows pride and joy get ruined :-( also can prove expensive as Pete knows well

I went round v slowly you'd be mad to go racing round on your first try, recipe for disaster

I think on my first lap ill be driving at 25mph with my hazards on, screaming whenever someone bombs it past me :P

Its not even your driving you have to watch, it's others on the track. Still looking forward to it though! Cant wait to be able to say ive done it :)

^^ take a lap with someone else first???

you decided on hotel or camping yet??

Would say you can share my tent as im taking a different one now and the bedrooms are either side of the living area, not sure how keen my missus would be on that but what she dont know dont hurt her!!!!

Would say you can share my tent as im taking a different one now and the bedrooms are either side of the living area' date=' not sure how keen my missus would be on that but what she dont know dont hurt her!!!!

[/quote']

I'll be takin a 2 man...if someone needs half?

Would say you can share my tent as im taking a different one now and the bedrooms are either side of the living area' date=' not sure how keen my missus would be on that but what she dont know dont hurt her!!!!

[/quote']

lol me & Chris shared my ridiculously sized tent at Action, other half was fine bout it... I would tell her!!

[/quote']

lol me & Chris shared my ridiculously sized tent at Action, other half was fine bout it... I would tell her!!

HAHA you dont know my missus!!! you would think honesty is the best policy but it certainly aint where she's concerned!!

I had to go over to Germany last year on a work trip with a girl from the office and the barrage of questions was immense!! are you sharing a car, room, how long you going for, will you be getting drunk while there? etc etc etc

I just dont tell her this sorta stuff anymore!!! makes for a quite life, i can trust myself so its not as if im "hiding" anything sinister