Nurburgring Easter 2010 chat thread

If you are following me then you'll be alright

yeah ok lol

ha ha lol :)

What.....come on guys not instilling confidence in the new guys now are we......but in this country i wont go wrong lol.

Oh and hopefully the roads will be back to normal round the ring when we get there as most of the building will be done.....so 5 min drive to the entrance

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What.....come on guys not instilling confidence in the new guys now are we......but in this country i wont go wrong lol.

Oh and hopefully the roads will be back to normal round the ring when we get there as most of the building will be done.....so 5 min drive to the entrance

ha ha only messing :) your very trustworthy :)

yeah hope we can have a look around all the new bits ;)

The roads are fine now. I was over at the end of August and all the roadworks were done. Car park to entrance = 5 minutes. However, the main road from the E42 to Nurburg is being resurfaced. A good 10-15km of newly resurfaced road, now made one-way for the resurfacing works, with cones down the middle every 10 metres. It was a good course they'd unwittingly set out!

Ferry tickets booked....added a 2nd person incase as my back seats will be full of wheels

yeah I managed to balls that up last time but they luckily will let you add people if you forget - and on the tunnel it's per car and you don't have to list passengers :)

I noticed that. another plus point in my book so I'll be booking the tunnel soon

what do you mean mate ? there is a list of compulsory items to take in the car on the info thread :)

Maintenance checks...

I know the basics like engine oil / gear box oil / brake pad levels / tyre tread levels.

but is there anything else that a noob should know?

nah mate just check it as you would for a normal long drive :) worth taking a spare set of pads with you mate if you are planning on doing a lot of laps :)

what do you mean mate ? there is a list of compulsory items to take in the car on the info thread :)

Maintenance checks...

I know the basics like engine oil / gear box oil / brake pad levels / tyre tread levels.

but is there anything else that a noob should know?

think you've answered you're own question James. A good service should cover lot, look when the last brake fluid change was, should be done every two years. Check out any sneakey suspisions you have specifically such as a grumbly wheel bearing ( ;-) ) sooner rather than later,

most breakdown cover will require proof the car was in good service

and I will' date=' as always, at this point promote the following as a dam fine idea www.cg-lock.com

[/quote']

will defo be getting one of these :)

James if the old ones aren't in bad nick then worth holding onto them just in case you cook the new ones :)

^^^^ wot he said .....

and I will' date=' as always, at this point promote the following as a dam fine idea www.cg-lock.com

[/quote']

WTF haha

from wot i have heard they are a good bit of kit and well worth it

we have these! well worth the £30 dont knock it till you've tried it James