Nurburgring Easter 2010 chat thread

It's less than 300 miles from the ferry. Normally, we get on the ferry at 08:00 and arrive at the 'Ring between 16:00 and 17:00 after a leisurely drive. It's only 4.5 hours from the ferry, the 08:00 ferry drops you off in France at ~10:30 and we spend over an hour stopped en-route at various services. Those who like to drive fast might get there for 14:00 with the earlier crossings this year...

Just realised the little 'un needs a passport, so sent off for that this morning. 99% chance we'll be there and we'll be part of the forced induction brigade. Sadly, it's a turbo on a 1.2 Clio. Ho hum!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at the end of this month, I have

1) car tax,

2) have to go to leeds for a pre arranged wedding anni,

3) I've also got my name down as a person in the GB N/A remap and then

4) this.

5) Bought new clutch ect at the start of this month and Bens engine which has depleted my savings.

6) Baby gear, cots, 3 in 1s ect ect

Given that I have more going out than I have coming in, that my wage is crap at the moment, I'm going to have to give this a miss.

Sorry for messing everyone around.

Hi everyone. Would like to come along on this if my super charger is fitted and ready in time. Would be coming along with my cousin Jake (vrsick) if I can arrange ferry' date=' time of work etc.

[/quote']

Hello mate you would of course be more than welcome however can you find someone else to come with as Jake is well um well let's say he lowers the tone somewhat :) apart from that come along :) :)

;) ;)

wonderful thing the internet bgb!! Lower the tone..? I think not ;) in my defence, can i help being an easy going kind of bloke..? most people around me tend to feel uninhibited and that mixed with alcohol and such like is a catalyst for disaster! I blame you lot for being weak! Sam knows the truth! Anyway in true german style

"ick bin comen" yeah baby!

wonderful thing the internet bgb!! Lower the tone..? I think not ;) in my defence' date=' can i help being an easy going kind of bloke..? most people around me tend to feel uninhibited and that mixed with alcohol and such like is a catalyst for disaster! I blame you lot for being weak! Sam knows the truth! Anyway in true german style

"ick bin comen" yeah baby!

[/quote']

ha ha ;) ;) your probably right we are weak people and any excuse to have a good time is jumped upon !!

What car are u bringing mate ? and ferry or tunnel ?

Well at the end of this month' date=' I have

1) car tax,

2) have to go to leeds for a pre arranged wedding anni,

3) I've also got my name down as a person in the GB N/A remap and then

4) this.

5) Bought new clutch ect at the start of this month and Bens engine which has depleted my savings.

6) Baby gear, cots, 3 in 1s ect ect

Given that I have more going out than I have coming in, that my wage is crap at the moment, I'm going to have to give this a miss.

Sorry for messing everyone around.

[/quote']

Tis a shame mate, but can understand the reasons why. Hopefully next year should be a bit better for ya the Good friday is 22nd April 2011 so that weekend.....so get the date in the diary/on fridge/across lounge wall so you can remember it

Bummer chris! It will be harder to do next year mate! Once little monk comes along.. I havent been since my two where babies ( and still shouldnt be..!)

Ben; will be taking the t5, zeebo, kitchen sink, generator, tools, trailer and betty if i can get mot sorted!

Charlie is in also..

Ben; will be taking the t5' date=' zeebo, kitchen sink, generator, tools, trailer and betty if i can get mot sorted!

Charlie is in also..

[/quote']

blimey talk about coming prepared !! dragging Charlie along again heh, hope he makes it out of the front of the van this time !! ;)

you tunneling or throwing up on the ferry ?

Good on ya Jake

:) only cos the yacht project is 99% delayed fella!

any luck with the door card issue mate ?????

yes mate' date=' he will get a price over later this week only i'm off to ireland for the rest of the week.. 1600 miles, 28hrs of driving and several large hennesys followed by a couple or three guiness' ;)

Ben; will be taking the t5' date=' zeebo, kitchen sink, generator, tools, trailer and betty if i can get mot sorted!

Charlie is in also..

[/quote']

blimey talk about coming prepared !! dragging Charlie along again heh, hope he makes it out of the front of the van this time !! ;)

you tunneling or throwing up on the ferry ?

so do i mate! What a numpty! I'll get him back this time dont worry!! We plan to cover most things and still get there and back for less even with hiring the trailer!

Not sure how yet, will

look into that on our 5 hr drive to holyhead tomorrow night!

One thing i do know though.. This trip will be awsome! :)