nice 'n low daily highline

• 2 weeks later...

Dont respray it mate' date=' its a nice colour, wouldnt be a highline if you changed it.

[/quote']

lol no, i really mean i cant afford a respray! will be staying mulberry anyways, gone from being unsure about it to my favourite colour!! (h)

right, got another set of wheels for refurb cos mine are only average....so gonna get em lookin mint. still undecided wot to do with them tho - spray them original silver cos i like it....polish them.....but ive got a funky colour in mind too....like orange!! so will c....

001-2.jpg

part way thru, but got sidetracked when i picked a gearbox up yesterday.....sloppy into gears....so ripped it apart this morning before work

004-2.jpg

was obvious why, selector's worn.....

024-1.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

those tabs that fit into the hubs have lost about a mm of material each side!!! hence sloppy gears!

gonna fit a set of good 2nd hand syncros and hubs, cos its bit chewed up

023.jpg

but also - the diff internals wouldnt of lasted much longer...burnt and pitted badly

017.jpg

016-1.jpg

but found some good ones and blasted and cleaned them up nice n shiny!

019-1.jpg

020.jpg

so, hopefully should have it bk together by end of week! busy at work so gotta do it between jobs. will be fitted with new bearings and seals, the best syncros, forks and hubs i can find, all cleaned and blasted and should be minter!! gonna blast casings so will look like new too (h)

oh and does anyone else think the selector looks like summit out of star wars lol!!

033.jpg

santapod ftw lol

now all the gears have been blasted and cleaned its obvious it used to go santapod lol! pitting on 3rd and 4th gears so had to replace them....but the gearset i got them from had maching 1st and 2nd gears so i thought id replace them too, better dog teeth on all them gears so rude not to! should be ready to drop in casings by friday. but saturday is gonna be taken up with welding exhaust up for MOT, and removing the 'suitcase' silencer and modding my mk2 backbox to fit - more noise!! wish i could spend a couple of days on just my car :-( . moving on slow

getting there! bored tonight so got my arse into gear and got this far

vr6002.jpg

vr6003.jpg

yes im building it in the garden! not sure how long we all got jobs so had bring it home :-( bloody recession!

running out of room

vr6006.jpg

round her parents house doing tensioner, was gonna fit sub but got in a muddle with the line out converters and all that lark...

vr6001.jpg

• 2 months later...

well, thought id sort the cooler leak the other day..........and yup the crack pipe broke! my mate 'lending' a hand broke it and the look of horror on his face was funny enough not to make me angry haha. but had to sort it as its my daily drive and i have to get to work................ i managed to bodge this by tapping the resulting hole, and threading some stainless tube, lots of locktight skinned nuckles and shit loads of swearing!

P230909_09300001.jpg

so far so good! but will still get one of these soonish http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?29073.post

had a look at the leak on the sump, brazed that up and now thats solid too. re-used the gasket cos vw wanted £30! still looks a mess tho! :-# haha

P220909_08220001.jpg

P220909_08220002.jpg

raised the engine a bit, bout 20mm, using an aluminium spacer made up on the lathe, and a longer bolt. had a 15mm one but trying this 20 now still with no probs. wedge under the front engine mount and hey presto! 3" sump clearance now lol!

0052.jpg

the gearbox is built (after dropping the pinion and damaging the new bearing :o ), sitting there waiting for a new clutch and some timing chains.......moneys tight :-(

but on a lighter note also lowered it a touch more, painted wheels black, on the search for a bmw battery cable, removed the sidestrips for painting - not got round to it yet....fitted a deep spoiler, removed the rear spoiler, fitted 2nd hand jetex cat back and induction kit!

006-3.jpg

003-2.jpg

002-4.jpg

007-1.jpg

still love this pic lol trike!

P100909_19410003.jpg

getting there slowly!

what dya reckon to the exhaust and induction kit mate?

yea the exhaust is the dogs' date=' no horrible drone but sounds nice up the revs. only put 2 boxes in - still thinking decat tho lol. cant complain bout induction kit neither cheers mate! give it a good clean and a re-oil.

resized a few pics for ya, they were a bit large...

proper low matey!, how does it drive like that? real bouncy or not??

cheers mate i'll do em smaller next time.

it drives ok, jus can get bit bouncy on the motoway. higher the speed the worse it gets......does anyone kno wot spring rates ebay specials are? might get some proper stiff springs from leda or demon tweeks. would that help or is it dampers making ir bouncy?

You didnt get measurements for that spacer before you fitted it did ya....even rough just what i need to sort out. Where did you put the spacer? Above the mount? Thanks

do ya want one? made it at work. wot i did was undo the front mount bolt, jack up the engine then slip the spacer under, let it down and u have to use a longer hi tensile bolt, easy! been running a 15mm spacer and had no trouble, driveshafts got plenty of room and that. so i thought ill put a 20mm in, jus waiting to see if that brings any problems. so far so gd! dont think i could go any bigger cos of bonnet and will start squashing wires and stuff i think. the sump is now inline with the wishbones! so been lifted quite alot! but still hits the floor :(

• 2 weeks later...

:-(not a good one, tax ran out the other day so had to spend every last penny on that, hope ive got enough fuel till payday!

then went to put the sidestrips back on after a quick spray over and can only find 3 of the poppers that hold them in!? so they aint going back on atm...

fogs/indicators/reflectors where all sprayed black to match the tinted lights - but ive gone off that now and gonna get some standard lights (if anyone near wants to swap for my tinted ones??) but started getting the black paint off the fogs and indicators, only to drop a fog light and smash that........

and i thought id love em, but im still not feeling my black wheels! so gonna have to redo them, back to silver i think.

atm it wouldnt look out of place outside macdonalds with the corsa's so thats gotta change!

and thought lots about selling it.............. ;(

yea it is, dont know wot was going thru my head.....selling it?! pah! never!!

trying to look after it but its does cost alot of money.........tho bit of a result. my mrs was talking about getting a small loan cos we need to pay for some wedding stuff up front (even tho its a year away) and i had a good idea - jus bung an extra £500 on top and that can be for the car! result!