Car not idling at all with charger on

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you say you didnt cut the tensioner? as this will cause the tensioner to sit on the charger housing and not tension the belt correctly as it has no movement

Yes I did say that. Hence why i'll do it tomorrow, could be route of all my problems

My idle pulley is about 3/4's of the way foward, if that makes sense

dont mean to worry you but my charger has never screamed, the noise is a very slight whislt/boost noise

Did you grind away part of the head?

And is the charger turning the right way?

When I say scream the usual rotrex noise.

My idler is about 1/2 way and did not grind head as it does not foul it. Even Storm mentioned that when I was down there that it looks like it wont need to be, it misses the pulley quite easy really. And charger should be going right way as the belt is on correctly as that was a pain to get right, kept running to the laptop to check.

Ive heard Jakes, 3.2 rotrex so know its making the right noise.

I will sort belt tension tomorrow as thats the bit that i think aint right, will also check i can feel pressure when i disconnect at TB

Sorted...........basic error on my part.

I spoke to Andy at Storm who went thro' where everything should be and I was correct.

Where it went wrong was because I took off my MAF plug as wires broke right up against the plug and I had spade connects doing the job perfectly well. I took a pic of how they go on AND wrote it down. I had to extend the wires anyway so did that and put new spade connecters on. I then put them on the way the pic said, BUT I held MAF with plug at top but took pic with plug facing down.....so i'd wired it up worng.

Like I say basic error :$

keeping below 3k is hard but possible as i do it with the schrick anyway........just be hard on motorways friday but a little play won't hurt right ;)

Ollie it was fairly straight forward really....could get it done in a day easy. I took my time and did it over 2.5 days with the rain breaks