Vag-Com error please help!!!!

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd bring this thread up rather than creating another thread. I'm having problems with idling and hesitation problems. My car idle's rough sometimes and when I try to accelerate, it bogs down then whacks a load of power. Clear the DTC's and goes like stink. My last VAG-COM report threw up:-

Sunday, 22 August 2010, 18:49:15

VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-S

Control Module Part Number: 021 906 256

Component and/or Version: MOTRONIC M3.8.1 HS V02

Software Coding: 00000

Work Shop Code: WSC 01317

5 Faults Found:

00533 - Idle Speed Regulation

14-10 - Adaptation Limit (Add) Exceeded - Intermittent

00561 - Mixture Adaptation

13-10 - Adaptation Limit (Mul) Not Reached - Intermittent

01247 - Activated Charcoal Filter (EVAP) System Solenoid Valve 1 (N80)

31-10 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent

<>

00543 - Maximum Engine Speed Exceeded (Engine Warranty VOID! :-)

06-10 - Signal too High - Intermittent

00561 - Mixture Adaptation

15-00 - Adaptation Limit (Add) Not Reached

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

|I bounced it off the raised limiter to see if it would help. I've spoke to Vince and he advised me to clean the MAF. I've used £15 air flow meter cleaner to clean it and it didn't help. I've also cleaned the throttle body (without removal) with carb cleaner.

Anyone have any idea's as I'm getting a bit sick of this car now!! It seems to be nothing but problems!!!

No fault codes after just checking and I've been for a 140+ run up and down the motorway and drove around town.

Been on there and checked them. I've done throttle body alignment, checked all hoses (not vacuum) i'm gonna get my spare set of injectors sent off for ultrasonic cleaning, get a new fuel filter and try another 4 bar fpr.

If that doesn't work i'll get fuel pressures chacked n buy another fuel pump.

If it still doesn't work, there will be a charged highline VR with new chains n gaskets up for sale!!

Mine went to Stealth for the remap too. I'll see about replacing the lambda with the one off my old VR brand new but wrong plug. I'll chop the plug on the one thats fitted now and see how I get on. The maf seems to be running OK. the amount of air it sucks increases with rev's etc. but like the bentley manual says, there is no true way of testing it accurately!!

let me know how you get on im having the same problems, i cleaned the MAF and it got a lot better, so i would try that and see if it sorts your problems out, im going to check my lambda sensor out tonight to see what that will do :P

Spoke to Vince earlier whilst I had the car on VAG-COM. He thinks it's the MAF as when I unplug it, the lambda regulation goes from -25% to 0% ~ 2%. He said it shows that the lambda is working OK and my errors are being caused because the lambda is trying to adjust out of it's operating range.

• 11 years later...