MK3 VR6 174BHP VS MK4 1.8T 180BHP?

Its True.

I've had 3 MK4 1.8Ts' date=' one 25th Anniversary 180BHP, and they've all had the REVO treatment.

I consistently made over 210BHP with 255lbs/ft +!

Most value for money upgrade ever.

But all that torque does taper off after 5krpm so you gotta make sure you put your opponent away early if you get what i mean.

I had a Full Samco re-hose with Turbo Intake pipe replacement aswell as a Dynatwist air intake system and a cat-back and all that made for some smoothe power.

In real world driving and on the motorway you'll be hard pushed to find anything within reason that will worry a modded 1.8T thats performing well.[/quote']

Agreed......a modded 1.8T is hard to touch. My old Ibiza was very lively, would lose out top-end to a VR mind.....but like Thermal said, get the power down early and the VR won't be catching you.

• 1 month later...

ok,a story about a bit of a burn with a AUDI A4 1.8T QUATTRO 04 reg.i believe 190bhp.

came off the m-way and rolled onto 10 miles of straight duel carriageway with traffic lights dotted every couple of miles.rolled up to some lights on a fine sunny,dry day.some smug looking f***er pulled up alongside in his 20grand motor.so i thought 'come on lets ave it!'lights changed nailed some revs on set off.thought well he's gunner smoke me on set off?not the case!neck and neck allway upto redline in 1st[35/40mph].notched up to 2nd upto redline and pulled ahead 2car lengths.thought he would have had a flood of power with boost comin on?must have been doing 75/80 in 2nd with the same gap.but to my surprise as i hit 3rd the gap increased to 5car lengths.nailed 3rd upto 100/110 and into 4th.and where was the AUDI-HALF A DOZEN car lenghts behind and increasing.got to 120 and eased off for the next set of light.glanced across,don't look so smug now do we?20grand of quattro's arse had been kicked with 4grands worth of standard vr!he wasn't content with one drubbing so same outcome from next set of lights,then he turned off.

i think he wanted to see if it was a freek that i'd kicked his arse!it was me that ended feeling smug.the A41.8t is a similar thing to a GOLF 1.8t?

u wont have been doin 75 in 2nd apd but iv had similar experiances well nearly identical with 3 civic type rs went from about 30 mph to about 75-80 mph and each time there was virtually nothin in it untill i hit 3rd gear then it just pulls away i know at least 1 of em was tryin her best coz she undertook me at 80 mph when i slowed down thats always a sign uv just pissed them off lmao