My VR6 turbo, Haldex 4wd. The end....

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to both of you, its really starting to come together now, and i'm enjoying owning such a 'toy'!!

Smallish update peeps!

Bought another tailgate and later rear bumper today, in preperation for the paint prep work which will happen over the next few weeks. The big bonus was that the tailgate came complete with a lovely votex spoiler, complete with hella brake light. Nice!

So, went out and bought enough bits an bobs to do the prep, so maybe this time next month it will look as good as new! Fingers crossed anyway! :-)

U staying the same colour mate. Where yu getting it sprayed. I want a few bits touched up over the winter.

Have you not noticed the trend throughout the thread? lol

He'll be doing it himself in that dirty old barn with no lights. :)

And that's what makes this build thread all the more impressive....

Lol thought he said he was going to have it done at a garage when i spoke to him a while back. Fair play doing it yourself. Ive got a few bits need doing to lol.

I was going to mate, but its far cheaper to get it done by me!

Big thanks to Mark for coming over yesterday and helping, well, doing most of the start of the prep!!

I bought a new tailgate, which came with a votex body coloured spoiler, and later rear bumper on saturday.

007-2.jpg

008-3.jpg

Mark started on the old fuel filler flap, which needed more fillering and shaping, as still needs a bit more time on it, but its an improvement on what i'd done previously in the year!

004.jpg

011-2.jpg

015-3.jpg

030.jpg

The tailgate was striped, and de-holed and vw badge recess removed.

013-3.jpg

017-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

There was also a dent in the middle of the 'new' bumper which was filled and sanded.

009-3.jpg

Also, in the front wing was the aerial hole, which had a nasty plastic blank in, so that was plated and filled too.

018-1.jpg

I'd removed the aerial from the roof to put on Katies, and thought i might as well leave it out! So plated and fillered that too.

006-2.jpg

010-2.jpg