My VR6 turbo, Haldex 4wd. The end....

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair there was quite a lot with us giggling like girls. We'll get some footage together with variation and need some from outside aswell. Early morning is always good with the light in the summer. You'll have to paint it now..lol

This thread is awesome as are your skills and your car well done and enjoy ;) lol

Thank you! Still on-going though.

Hoping to go out an play tomorrow evening with some boost settings, see how she pulls then!! :-p

• 1 month later...

Well almost a month has passed, and my cars done a max of 2 miles! :-(

Works been really busy, moneys been tight, but i've finally got the beast running again. (h)

A couple of weeks ago i'd worked out i'd plumbed the wastegate boost control in wrong so set about sorting it.

I t'd off before the n75 and ran that to the lower port of the wastegate, and ran the n75 valve to the top port.

(before i just had the n75 going to the lower port, i now see why i couldn't get anything other then the wastegate spring pressure!)

So as you do, you take your re-modded vr for a spin to check it works - which it did, i got 1.5 bar of boost! But that higher pressure blew the servo rubber pipe off of the inlet manifold, resulting in me having no brakes and trying to slow the bloody car down!!! :o

Not nice!

My car was left standing for a while, and the damn battery has given up the ghost, so had to buy a replacement while i wiat til i've got the money to buy a light-weight jobbie.

So i've finally re-made the servo pipe, out of the proper tube, with no parky joins in it!

I've also fitted the tial dump valve i bought off of golfrabbit to help with the added boost.

I'l post a few pics up later, and i'l see if i can get a vid up too. ;)