my vr finaly starting to take shape

sold my glanza a bit over a year ago

100_0508.jpg

only had the intention of getting something cheap and reliable while i looked for a 4x4 version to import over

so i got myself a standard straight vr6 never took any pics as i wasnt planning on keeping it or anything a few month later i got it put in for a quick respray with a debadged grill nothing to top notch just somthing to smarten it up

i then won some wheels on ebay was bit of a spur of the moment thing so needed some coilovers to get it sitting half decent

01032008024.jpg

bbsblackonmycar-1.jpg

a few month went by and still not look with finding another starlet so pretty much gave up

so started on the look out for getting more power out of the vr

so i used the rest of the money i had off the glanza and got myself a vf engineering charger running stage 2

02112007106.jpg

and this sat in my bed room for a few month until i finaly got the time to fit it in the mean while i decided i didnt like the wheels anymore so sold them and bought some 16" tt wheels

24122007030.jpg

30032008105.jpg

17012009028.jpg

after the boring runin period i started loving the car with its new power

but still wasnt happy with the wheels so off they came and on went the adaptors and the rhs

13042008113.jpg

and thats how the car sayed until it went off the road for the winter

mycaratvwfest.jpg

section20meet122-1.jpg

still not happy with the stance but couldnt do much with the archs as they are as they were catching as they were

so i bought a gti 8v to keep me going through the winter

PICT0066.jpg

i decided even though the interior was tatty in the gti i would still out it in the vr

so i put the old vr interior in the gti

PICT0060.jpg

and started a bit of a repair on the interior

12092008279.jpg

11092008267.jpg

i purchased a leather dye and repair kit for the seats

12092008272.jpg

12092008273.jpg

had a slight **** up with the blue though

12092008277.jpg

so i got the shade darkened and i was happy with it

21092008337.jpg

13092008296.jpg

so with that finished i started looking at boosting the power

i got mb to fit a head gasket spacer clutch new chains and tensioners and they done a top notch job

iv since bought a chargecooler smaller pully and tensioner

PICT0008-1.jpg

thanks and yer loved that car just had a massive issue with traction with it lol

i sold my rhs a few days ago as i bought some 8.5" version and a set of 328 wheels

PDRM2136.jpg

dont have any pics of my new rhs as they getting painted

good work with the vr, hows the charger runnig?

, i have black colour concept recaro in mine, id love to do a repauir on them, so let me know how you get on with it, i thought you had to strip the leather off teh seat foam?

i have those wheels with mulberry centres too btw ;)http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?121352 i went for 7.5 versions, cus with adapters aswell you might have arch issues on 8.5s ?

seats a pretty much done now im well pleased with them i didnt need to remove the leather but i did as i wanted to swap the warn drivers bolster to the inside passanger were it get very little abuse

they came out much better than i expected all the cracks and wear is gone even got rid of the whole it does remove some of the grain pattern from the leather but i i aint realy fussed il get some pics up of the seat tommorow

• 2 weeks later...

good work with the vr' date=' hows the charger runnig?

, i have black colour concept recaro in mine, id love to do a repauir on them, so let me know how you get on with it, i thought you had to strip the leather off teh seat foam?

i have those wheels with mulberry centres too btw ;)http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?121352 i went for 7.5 versions, cus with adapters aswell you might have arch issues on 8.5s ?

[/quote']

the charger was running mint at stage two just waitin to get it mapped for 13psi hope its worth it

your wheels look mint cant wait to get mine on clearance hopefully wont be a issue as my rhs are 8.5s so my archs are getting flared anyway

• 3 weeks later...

picked up my floor and to be honest the swap to seems easyer than i first thought as the tunnels are identical bar a few hangers here a few pics of what i have to work iv already started to strip the rear end setup but the caliper bolts are seized solid so im gona try some heat on them to nite but the are probly gona snap

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

thought id post a few of whats been going on

pic of before i started chopping into it

09052009081.jpg

the section i need

09052009082.jpg

there was no locking wheel nut key .hmm.

09052009088.jpg

well there was possibly easyer ways but i wanted it off straight away so

10052009106.jpg

all the other bits and bobs i need for the swap

10052009101.jpg

10052009098.jpg

10052009099.jpg

10052009104.jpg

• 1 month later...

ok there hasnt been anything major happening wth the car lately so havent bothered updating but seeing as i have a bit of spare time ill throw up all the little bits thats been happening

iv got my r32box and gave it a bit of a clean and pained up the starter motor so it looks a bit tidyer

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

iv made some bits to weld on my rear subframe so i can adjust the camber and toe on the rear wheels just need the slots milled in

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

iv started spliting my rear calipers clean up and get ready for painting

IMAG0132.jpg

IMAG0134.jpg

i got a jig off l5g vw. so i can start making up a bracket to hold my diff

IMAG0151.jpg

i got my manifold ready to start modifying

IMAG0152.jpg

and finaly just got these did a deal with a lad for my red bbs

IMAG0154.jpg

i know there comon but they look good and will do until i my other wheels painted

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

iv started getting a few bits cleaned up and painted ready to fit

DSCF0220.jpg

DSCF0205.jpg

DSCF0210.jpg

im still unsure about which prop to use the heavy steel one off a s3 or the composite type one that came with the setup anyone got any ideas which would be best??

DSCF0207.jpg

DSCF0206.jpg

DSCF0217.jpg

iv also chopped this section of the tunnel off ready to take the mounts out and fit to minetunnel mounts

DSCF0219.jpg

iv started getting a few bits cleaned up and painted ready to fit

DSCF0220.jpg

DSCF0205.jpg

DSCF0210.jpg

im still unsure about which prop to use the heavy steel one off a s3 or the composite type one that came with the setup anyone got any ideas which would be best??

DSCF0207.jpg

DSCF0206.jpg

DSCF0217.jpg

iv also chopped this section of the tunnel off ready to take the mounts out and fit to minetunnel mounts

DSCF0219.jpg

Looking good mate, nice progress! Why not use the lighter prop, imo i would make the car that bit lighter, and you'd get a better reaction time-think of the same princable as a lightened crank and flywheel? I think the mk4 prop is the same as the mk3 prop, hollow.

Have you built up the courage to take a grinder to your boot floor yet??? ;-)

Been developing a diff controller, i'l keep you updated mate :-)

i was havin a look last weekend n i think im gona have to let a body shop do it as there is bist to raise the rear chassis legs up to support the floor that need swapin aswell, and im scared if i start messin about with them myself i may end up with a twisted car

iv been quoted 1000 so its notto bad, better than me destroying my shell hows ur car cuming on?

Slowly! Works really busy, just had 2 weddings to go to so the bank balance is a bit low, and got a dead line of october to move my car from where it is! :-( People are so inconsiderate!!!!

If you put your car up on 4 axle stands, all the same make and right at the top you shouldn't twist the chassis, they're only supports for the floor that come off the rear legs. So instead of getting a body shop to do it, could buy alot of other bits for your project for £1000.... ;-)