Had same problem and sorted with GSF leads for £50 [with Vr6 discount] and they have been great. They do seem to get bad press from other members but I have no probs. Month later coil went so only running on 5; fitted GSF replacement [£120!!!] and has run sweet ever since.

Check out this on eBay only £27.99 plus £5 postage. I have had them fitted for about 3 months and they are brilliant real bargain, plus the bloke selling them is really good.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK3-VR6-CORRADO-VR6-PLUG-LEAD-SET-C247_W0QQitemZ200269469611QQihZ010QQcategoryZ9889QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

I highly recommend them spot on!

Its upto you but i would not pay twice the price for a different colour. Not sure of the make but for £28 you cant go wrong.

The 4th set are second hand and they are easily knackered if they are not removed properly so you end up with a set as bad as you already have,

I have the £28 set and they transformed the car running like a dream after fitting them. Mine used to hesitate if you booted it but with these it pulls perfectly.

If it was me i would definitely buy the same again. Tirod on ebay is a good seller also.

Cheers

Ok i think will give these a go just wanted to see what everybody else thought of them and their reccommendations. I suppose you cant go wrong for that price can you?

Also how about spark plugs? I no this has been discussed many a time before but i was chatting to sparks and he reccommended some audi s4 spark plugs for a better response?

I had exactly the same problem, I bought these in the last blue set.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Formula-Power-Ignition-Leads-Volkswagen-and-Seat-VR6_W0QQitemZ350145001508QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item350145001508&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I'm running them with some standard NGK Platinum spark plugs designed for the car and the throttle response is miles better, not to mention fuel.

When you say standard ngk's do you mean the ones you get from the stealers? If so what is the model number of these as the current ones in my car are champions which are still there from when i bought the car?

Also what do you think of these spark plugs are they any good: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360099469415

Thanks all for your advice ;)

personally, i don't rate champion spark plugs one bit.

They will be the same as the dealers, but don't go to the dealers as you will pay more because they have the VW logo on.

The best bet is to go to a tuning parts shop not halfords etc as they can sell you 6, where halfords try and sell you in 2 packs of 4.

As for the plugs, it's best to go for the NGK Platinum with part number BKR5EKUP

They're not cheap, I got a full set of 6 for £41 from Aldon Automotive not far from by house.

Yours has a coilpack!

If you got the lead set for the car with the distributor then you simply throw away the extra lead which you dont need. Coilpack engines yours need only the 6 spark plug leads, a distributor engine requires the 7th lead to goto the coil.

So the set for £27 on ebay sends all 7 leads and you simply turf the 7th lead away.

You've too much money!

Nah whatever you get will make a big difference.

Whats the story with your car is it spluttering as you give it big licks? Also worth checking that your coilpack is ok, you can do this at night. The coilpack is the box at the righthand side of the engine where all 6 pulg leads connect into. Rev the engine and see that there are no sparks seen round this area as you rev it.

If there are then you can fix it simply do a search on here for coilpack repair.

Hopefully its just the leads!

Cheers