[poll] German or Jap

Lol Helen i hear you, good point well made!

Ben - Cheers for the offer but wont be at Pod until VW Action.

Chris - also toyed with the idea of an RX7 but engines are too fragile. Nearly had a R33 GTR as well but the bloke crashed it 2 days before i went to do the swap!

Ben - Thank you for noticing i'm not a chocolate speedway rider! Plus a lad up here in the local chav cruise crew bought a TT and he loves himself more then i do! so he would TOTALLY think i was trying to be him, the lil Ckinny Sunt!

Everyone else - A decision has been made. I am going with Tony (off into the sunse,,,, oh no wait, back to reality!)

Had a meeting with my boss today and it appears i'm due a pay rise this month, one in June and a bonus in July (providing there is any industry left in this country by then!)

SO i think i am going to spend this spare 2k on R32ingggg. 1.5k or so on sourcing an R32 lump, the remaining going towards installation.

Then after my next pay rise and bonus, use that to buy a jap toy but this time as a second car!

Thanks for you persuasive words chaps and chapesses

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it was me id charge your vr mate avnt the mitsi's got to be serviced sumthin like every 5000 miles and the service costs are silly and like sum1 else said they are everywhere and theres not many vr's on the road. My brother has had 2 new shape supras and a skyline which he traded in for an astra vxr he reckons they are quick but built sh1t. But its your call good luck mate

Lol Helen i hear you' date=' good point well made!

Chris - also toyed with the idea of an RX7 but engines are too fragile. Nearly had a R33 GTR as well but the bloke crashed it 2 days before i went to do the swap!

Ben - Thank you for noticing i'm not a chocolate speedway rider! Plus a lad up here in the local chav cruise crew bought a TT and he loves himself more then i do! so he would TOTALLY think i was trying to be him, the lil Ckinny Sunt!

Everyone else - A decision has been made. I am going with Tony (off into the sunse,,,, oh no wait, back to reality!)

Had a meeting with my boss today and it appears i'm due a pay rise this month, one in June and a bonus in July (providing there is any industry left in this country by then!)

SO i think i am going to spend this spare 2k on R32ingggg. 1.5k or so on sourcing an R32 lump, the remaining going towards installation.

Then after my next pay rise and bonus, use that to buy a jap toy but this time as a second car!

[/quote']

you know this makes sense m8 and is the best way forward.

wish i was getting a pay rise but working in the nhs getting a 2% pay rise in april woohoo PO'd

keep us posted on how it is going.

best of luck ;)

[/quote']

isnt your car already pushing out 210bhp?

ifso that means your spending 3.5k for only an extra 30bhp? (r32 being 240bhp)

lol at choclate speedway rider! bad sugestion by me

[/quote']

nice one oli .... good on ya .... but i dont think doin that at the vr6 oc meet will work lol

Well she was RR'd at 206 Mike. But the added bonus of the extra few horses is also a fresh engine = reliability should be increased! Also not looking at spending 3.5k, more like 2k if i can!

Just need to make sure the plans go ahead, knowing my luck they wont and i'll be stuck in a rut with a slowly dying VR!!!

Ollie your gettig too many answers from people who are guessing and know nothing about Evos, I've had a Evo 6 for 18 months 3 years ago, and what a car.

The one you've been offered sounds much to cheap, they are as reliable as a VR6 if they are up on the servicing and not modded to death and running silly amounts of boost.

Mine was running a reliable 380bhp and was still getting serviced at Mitsibushi and it was cheap to service but running costs where crippling, a service every 4500 miles between 8 and 14mpg insurance was over 5 times that of a VR6 before it was tuned to 380bhp, the tuning is easy you buy a secondhand Ralliart ecu, which is plug and play, Samco hosing, dump valve, induction kit, exhaust and decat, wabro 255 fuel pump and get the car on the rollers and turn the boost up.

The build vaulity is crap and rattly but not too much worse than a VR6, I sold mine and bought my first TT which got the best build vaulity of any car I've ever owned thats why I'm on my second TT. TT's have an image problem until you slam them on coilovers stick 19" wheels on them, they're really tunable and good on fuel, a standard 225 will waste a VR6 and it makes you feel secure when your driving it.

I personally wouldn't spend more money on your car, it's lost money you wont see again especially with the mileage yours has got, get an Evo and enjoy it while you can afford it, check it out proper first as it really does sound much too cheap, dont worry about the engine rebuilds on the Evo if it is all serviced, get an expert to check it out for you first, dont listen to the people on here trying to scare you off about them as they aint experianced them first hand and lived with them.

I got bored or my Evo in the end as all it ever did was go fast, it was imposable to drive slowly, it couldn't be done.

Get on the MLR forum and find out more about the Evo, buy one drive it while you can afford it and when you cant or get bored of it sell it and get most of your money back as they seem to hold there value quite well.

you could do the above and get an uncle bens ...or like me and mike said have one of the very few r32`d mk3s around and still get that great sound u can only get from a VW VR6 ....

But it's still an old car with lots of worn old bits, flogging a dead horse or something like, I've had dilemas like this in the past and always opted for the newer more valuable car that is probally going to be more reliable and not p1ss you of when all the old VR6 parts not change start one by one failling and your always working on it or a mechanic is and you couldn't go somewhere you wanted to go to in it cause it's off the road yet again, I actually have had a few bike and cars like this in the past, well in the early 90's.

If your set on the R32 route you should atleast do it to a MK2 Golf GTi.

you could do the above and get an uncle bens ...or like me and mike said have one of the very few r32`d mk3s around and still get that great sound u can only get from a VW VR6 ....

But it's still an old car with lots of worn old bits' date=' flogging a dead horse or something like, I've had dilemas like this in the past and always opted for the newer more valuable car that is probally going to be more reliable and not p1ss you of when all the old VR6 parts not change start one by one failling and your always working on it or a mechanic is and you couldn't go somewhere you wanted to go to in it cause it's off the road yet again, I actually have had a few bike and cars like this in the past, well in the early 90's.

If your set on the R32 route you should atleast do it to a MK2 Golf GTi.

[/quote']

Kinda contradicted yourself there. Dont spend money on an old car ....then say use a mk2 GTI

Kinda contradicted yourself there. Dont spend money on an old car ....then say use a mk2 GTI

Not really, dont spend money on an old car, but if your heart is set on a R32 you may as well do it to a mk 2. I personally wouldn't bother with the engine transplant.

or he could just put the 32 in his really nice looking mk3 which he has spent alot of time and money gettin the way he wants it ..... but at the end of the day its oli chioce ... and im sure he will make the best one for him ...

Yep Oli's choice at the end of the day, could save the £2k and just keep driving his car as it is.

Mine was running a reliable 380bhp and was still getting serviced at Mitsibushi and it was cheap to service but running costs where crippling' date=' a service every 4500 miles between 8 and 14mpg insurance was over 5 times that of a VR6 before it was tuned to 380bhp, The build vaulity is crap and rattly but not too much worse than a VR6,

[/quote']

not really a good endorsment for en evo mate !!!

TT's have an image problem

they sure do - would rather walk everywhere ;);)

Mine was running a reliable 380bhp and was still getting serviced at Mitsibushi and it was cheap to service but running costs where crippling' date=' a service every 4500 miles between 8 and 14mpg insurance was over 5 times that of a VR6 before it was tuned to 380bhp, The build vaulity is crap and rattly but not too much worse than a VR6,

[/quote']

not really a good endorsment for en evo mate !!!

TT's have an image problem

they sure do - would rather walk everywhere ;);)

You'd rather walk cause you aint used to going anywhere in style or quality. ;)

Mine was running a reliable 380bhp and was still getting serviced at Mitsibushi and it was cheap to service but running costs where crippling, a service every 4500 miles between 8 and 14mpg insurance was over 5 times that of a VR6 before it was tuned to 380bhp, The build vaulity is crap and rattly but not too much worse than a VR6,

Thats exactly what i said oli keep your vr mate you know its right

You'd rather walk cause you aint used to going anywhere in style or quality. ;)

Clarkson said it better than I ever could "And so I have decided to start a homosexual motorcycle display team. This is an idea I got from the Audi TT. First mooted as long ago as 1995, the TT was nothing more than a four-wheel-drive Golf in a pair of sporty Lycra shorts. That’s like putting Terry Wogan in cycling clothes and expecting him to win the Tour de France. It’s not going to happen.It turned out that the handling was in fact rather more than numb and distant. It was dangerous."

anyway back on topic - good luck sourcing your new engine mate look forward to seeing how this progresses :)

Lol just as i thought this had ended!

Well interesting reading and it did make me think. But the thing i think i will miss about the VR is the fact ppl see a 12yr old car and think "pah, whats that going to do??!" then they see it disappearing off into the distance!! Luv it!

So i think i am going to stick with the 32 idea. Old parts braking on the golf shouldnt be an issue as most things have been uprated now so jst bodywork to finish and new engine to drop in!! :)

Plus just been offered £500 for my engine when its out which i think is fairly resonable :D Fingers crossed it all goes to plan!