My vr6 wont start - HELP!!!

Woke up this morning went out got into my vr6 ready to hit the sales and guess what it wouldn't start.

It turns over fine with absolutely no hesitation at all? battery is fine so what the fuck could it be?

Its never done this before at all and i was using it the day before so its not like its been sitting for a while?

Please Help :@

join the AA... :D

Ok so basics...

1 Pop a plug out.. and turn over for a second or 2 tops. can you smell fuel out of the plug hole???

2 With a pair of insulated (this is important) pliers or the likes. Pop the plug into the HT lead you pulled off. Turn the engine over whilst holding the plug against the engine block. you should see a strong physical spark. Again only turn over for a second or two..

if you are missing either of these then there you go... give us a shout

• 2 weeks later...

Just went to the vw main dealership to get this part and it turns out they don't sell it on its own you have to buy it as part of a set which is about £95 including vat.

There's no way im going to pay this does anyone happen to know what my options are or some where i might find one?

Been out there today with a friend who's a mechanic and I can confirm I am definitely getting a spark but it looks like no fuel. I have changed the fuel pump relay today also which made no difference.

So could it be the fuel pump? If so where is the fuel pump located?

I managed to get the crank case breather valve from ford too which saved me a fortune, cost me £29. Thanks craggsy ;)

I am thinking of towing the car to my girlfriends and calling the aa out unless anybody has any other suggestions. This is really doing my head in now the vr6 has been sat on my drive for nearly 3 weeks and im itching to get back in the driving seat.

Please some body help :@

Been out there today with a friend who's a mechanic and I can confirm I am definitely getting a spark but it looks like no fuel. I have changed the fuel pump relay today also which made no difference.

So could it be the fuel pump? If so where is the fuel pump located?

I managed to get the crank case breather valve from ford too which saved me a fortune' date=' cost me £29. Thanks craggsy ;)

I am thinking of towing the car to my girlfriends and calling the aa out unless anybody has any other suggestions. This is really doing my head in now the vr6 has been sat on my drive for nearly 3 weeks and im itching to get back in the driving seat.

Please some body help :@

[/quote']

No worries matey....here to help

Funny you should say that as by trying to start it over a few days i have flattened the battery so i have taken it off and charged it over night but it still does not start at all so i guess in a way i have done what you said?

Also i noticed that when i re connected the battery the alarm didnt sound or go off where as it usually does or it did with my mk3 gti?

Is this anything or am i just pissing in the wind?

Okay, so the fuel pump relay is okay but the fuel pump ain't getting power. So either the fuel pump relay is not being triggered or the wiring between the relay and the pump is buggered. You have checked the fuel pump fuse right?

Assuming the fuse is okay, get a long length of wire (speaker wire would do) and run it from the battery to the fuel pump directly. Get power on the fuel pump and see if it runs. If not, fuel pump is monged. If it does run, try starting the car.

Cheers,

ip