RE-MAPPIN FOR CHARGER

Sup peeps,mornin..

Question-

Who is renoundly the best for Re-Mappin..?

Stealth or Storm..

Just got my hands on a S/Charger-V9 Vortech..

Gonna perhaps fit it on in the new year..The price I paid is quite shocking for it!!!

I can either Stage 1 it or Stage 2..

So on a serious note who do you guys recomend..?

I was initially gonna go Red Dot Racing down in Watford.. They normally do all my Rollin Road test's for my VW's.. Never had any probs with them, But realistically they're main speciality is in JAP spec motors.. So that got me thinkin...Hmmmmm!!!!! *-)

My cousin Slim VR6, says to go storm, other peeps say Stealth..

So who do you guys recomend..?

Hiya MJ' date='

Stealth have been doing these type of remaps for longer so id probably go there.

Both the above companies rolling roads seem to read higher than anyone elses though.

T

[/quote']

T, sup dude, thanks for gettin bk to me on this, What do you mean by "Read Higher"? As in Not accurate.?

nah he means that the their rolling road is capable of reading cars with a high bhp i.e 400bhp whereas some rolling roads have limits of 300bhp etc.

Thanks for all gettin back to me..

I paid £900 for the charger!!!! ;)

Need to start gettin Bits n Pieces together now' date=' like another sump, so I can get the Oil Return Pipe to be fitted..

Few nu Hoses perhaps..Gonna take my time in doin it..

Been huntin around for a few months and have finally got it.. ;) [/b']

rotrex must be Storm {Andy)

or

V9 Vortech Stealth ( Vince)

or

Sparks mr patrick on this forum he knows about supercharging

Looks like Stealth it is then!!!

Just spoke to Vince... £402 incl VAT...Looks like no spendin at Xmas for me..!!! LOL

I think Olddirtybastard meant Storm and Stealth's dyno plots are optimistic.

In other words, a car might record 220hp on their dynos, but only 200hp on say, PowerStation's.

It's a well known issue and quite a few companies get accused of "creative flywheel corrections" but I only ever treat dyno plots as a way of seeing the torque curve size and shape. That is more telling of how quick a car is on the road and it's actually the torque that is measure on the rolling road.....BHP is "calcutated".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i think custom ones are a bit harder to find......but then again i would rather let a VR6 pro only map the car.....Vince is good at stealth....he is pro with Vr6

When i do attempt to put the Charger inn' date=' I am ONLY going to Vince @ Stealth!!![/b']

i think custom ones are a bit harder to find......but then again i would rather let a VR6 pro only map the car.....Vince is good at stealth....he is pro with Vr6

your right and it took me ages to find someone around here who had done it before and also sounded knowledgable and enthusiastic about what I was doing and where he could help - I agree that Stealth are probably the best in the buisness at VR6's but there is no reason why a local tuner could not be as good you just have to be selective.

your right and it took me ages to find someone around here who had done it before and also sounded knowledgable and enthusiastic about what I was doing and where he could help - I agree that Stealth are probably the best in the buisness at VR6's but there is no reason why a local tuner could not be as good you just have to be selective.

Hmmmm' date=' I so see your point....BUT...Vince's knowledge is pure genius![/b']

Hmmmm' date=' I so see your point....BUT...Vince's knowledge is pure genius![/b']

I agree mate and if I lived nearer to him I would have been down there in a shot

When charger's put inn, gonna have to phone up the RAC for a tow to Stealth, Gonna have to pull out the F/pump relay so that the Car don't start!!!! ;)

When charger's put inn' date=' gonna have to phone up the RAC for a tow to Stealth, Gonna have to pull out the F/pump relay so that the Car don't start!!!! ;) [/b']

ha ha quality I hear you mate - when we put mine on I have drive home for nearly an hour not going above 2500rpm before it got mapped later that week - was the hardest bit of driving I have ever done ;);)