Not sure but ive got 205-50-15...if you go for 16s would have thought you'd have to have a 45 profile tyre as the rr is going to be greater on a 55 profile...if the car is standard ride ht i wouldn't think it will make much difference....imo that is!

so can i fit any size profile? was more worried bout the width tho mate' date=' turning n cornering maybe a problem? and obvioulsy the price aswell!! :D[/quote']

No you can't Fit any profile tyre......as a rough guide-15inch=50 profile

16inch=45 profile

17inch=40 profile

A 205 tyre will go on no problem as thats what the vr's run standard...i think you can run a 215 tyre as long as the cars not to low but i've known people to have problems with this width tyre!

the offset is the distance fron the inner face of the wheel to the outer face, the smaller the number the bigger the offset, if i remember it correctly! have to have an offset close to the original to stop rubbing the arch/inner arch/susension legs etc. unless you like using spacers that is, i dont think they are overly safe myself!

if you look straight on at the tyre tread and imagine a line down the middle of it, the offset is the distance between that line and the wheels mounting face... the lower the number the further the wheel sticks out basically

The only way its adjustable is by adding spacers .... does that make sense?!

yeah makes sense, but im gona get confusing now! how would i know the offset on a set of alloys with no tyres on em? would i just halve the distance on the alloys and compair to the ones on the car with tyres? does that make sense?!

nah dont worry mate! The thing is ive got standard BBS's on the car and got a set of 16's off a new GTI-T. Just wanted to know what the ofset maybe(vw were bloody useless and didnt av a clue) , so now i can measure the distance like you said and find out. Just did'nt want to fork out money for tyres and find that the wheels dont fit or the offset may cause a problem! :D