It looks like I've just acquired a 2001 Mk3 Golf Cabriolet 1.8S.

I want to be able to fit the Antera 309 wheels from my VR6 onto it, but it has 4-stud hubs.

What parts will be required to fit 5-stud wheels onto the car?

Bear in mind this vehicle is gonna get a serious engine transplant in the future (2.8 4Motion, tuned 1.8T or hopefully even an R32 lump), so the higher the specification of the suspension/brakes I can fit now, the better.

To clarify, the 2000-2003 Cabrio is a Mk3, with "facelifted" front panelwork that makes it look like a Mk4.

Mechanically, it is no different to a Mk3 with the equivalent engine (in this case a 1.8i 8v).

Agreed that swapping the rear beam for a VR6 item will sort out the rear, but not so sure about the front.

Do I just have to source VR6 hubs, suspension legs and ARB, or will I need the wishbones as well?

Will the 1.8 driveshafts fit the VR6 hubs?

There are quite a few VR6 cabrios out there, all of which have the VR6 suspension/brakes too (Insurance Companies won't cover them otherwise!). Does anyone know someone who's built one?

[ Edited Sun Oct 17 2004, 09:25PM ]

actually, i know of a vr6 being broken, the one i got the recaros from. he doesn't have front brakes but prob has full rear beam/brakes.

more than likely the bushes will need replacing on any second hand stuff you buy. if you want standard bushes it's gonna be cheaper to get new sihbones anyway.

the new wishbone i have has bushes with it and is genuine vag, they cost £50 new.

there were no wishbone/rear beam changes thorughout the vr6's...all the same.