Can I get away with a 205/45/17 profile wheels on a standard setup?

Hi folks,

I have a set of 17's ready for my VR6, but was wondering if I can put on a 205/45/17 profile wheel ?

I won't be lowering the car as I use it regualarly as the daily run. Wanted a reasonably comfortable drive and will for most of the time have loads of passengers.

Its a 5-dr model, should I expect a any rubbing with the wheel arches on that setup ? (non-lowered setup)

Will it be a harder ride, running on a smaller profile e.g the standard 205/40 profile ?

If anyone can pass on some wisdom.. kindly appreciated..

Cheers

Thanks for that' date=',

so you reckon it will rub on 205/45/17 on a non lowered setup with a full load of passengers ?

even on 205/40/17 's ?

[/quote']

I wouldn't think so. I ran 215 45 16 on my anniversary and had it dropped on coilies, never ever rubbed, even with a HUGE stereo and 4 up.

Thanks for that' date=',

so you reckon it will rub on 205/45/17 on a non lowered setup with a full load of passengers ?

even on 205/40/17 's ?

Would it not be a softer ride on a 45 profile ? as opposed to the 40. Also a 45 profile might fill the wheel arch a little, to avoid the X5 4x4 look.

[/quote']

I wouldn't think so. I ran 215 45 16 on my anniversary and had it dropped on coilies, never ever rubbed, even with a HUGE stereo and 4 up.