So what turbo's are you running?

Mine?

Not sure as yet. I'm only running 9psi at present... so 300-320 ish at a guess. It's plenty quick :)

I get 9 psi @ 2500rpm. I'm reliably informed that the turbo will comfortably hold a bar pressure up to 6k odd so should make my target 400hp.

Worth noting also about your pistons buying. I'm running stock internals (with ARP bolts) on a head spacer aquired through C2 and currently 100% without issue. People have mixed opinions on spacers but I know of quite a few cars using them without problem running the sort of power we're talking about. I'm certainly glad I haven't shelled out for £1000 worth of pistons :) I'm also using the C2 recode on the stock management which is great for a trouble free easy conversion.

Thanks for that mate thats jsut what I was wanting to hear/read I'm not wanting something crazy to start of with just something with a bit of potential ;)

Any chance you could post the spec your currently running?

One thing I really dont have a clue about is the management side of things, but C2 is a name that comes up alot. Can you manually adjust the boost while using the C2 software and still have decent fueling? Apologies for that sounding stupid :$

Ken

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had the 60mm/84 trim' date=' .82 A/R in the end. took the v-band option too

[/quote']

Same spec as I had. Evil thing. Used to spin 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the wet with just 11psi.

Lost that baby due to debris damage. Something got sucked in and smashed the compressor wheel.

Upgraded to the GT3582 (0.82). Bit laggier, but it kicks so much harder :-)

One thing I really dont have a clue about is the management side of things' date=' but C2 is a name that comes up alot. Can you manually adjust the boost while using the C2 software and still have decent fueling? Apologies for that sounding stupid :$ [/quote']

You don't sound stupid. Engine management is one area not many people fully understand.

Since the C2 software is Mass air based, altitude and air density / volume are automatically accounted for, so you can run up to around 18-19psi (and any boost in between) safely before the 440 injectors reach their limit.

If you want a turn key solution, has to be C2 or Stealth Racing custom dyno map. If you want tuning flexibility and freedom, go standalone :-)

Mine?

Not sure as yet. I'm only running 9psi at present... so 300-320 ish at a guess. It's plenty quick :)

I get 9 psi @ 2500rpm. I'm reliably informed that the turbo will comfortably hold a bar pressure up to 6k odd so should make my target 400hp.

Worth noting also about your pistons buying. I'm running stock internals (with ARP bolts) on a head spacer aquired through C2 and currently 100% without issue. People have mixed opinions on spacers but I know of quite a few cars using them without problem running the sort of power we're talking about. I'm certainly glad I haven't shelled out for £1000 worth of pistons :) I'm also using the C2 recode on the stock management which is great for a trouble free easy conversion.

Thanks for that mate thats jsut what I was wanting to hear/read I'm not wanting something crazy to start of with just something with a bit of potential ;)

Any chance you could post the spec your currently running?

One thing I really dont have a clue about is the management side of things' date=' but C2 is a name that comes up alot. Can you manually adjust the boost while using the C2 software and still have decent fueling? Apologies for that sounding stupid :$

Ken

[/quote']

Mine's all simple.

Stock 2.8 bottom end with ARP rod bolts. Stock head, cams etc... with ARP head studs and C2 head spacer. Stock OBD2 inlet tract,,, Green top injectors, C2 MAF and C2 software. T3/4 (63 - I think!) turbo on a log style rhd manifold. Tial 42mm wastegate. 3" exhaust, 2.5" boost pipework and a slightly modded old land rover intercooler kindly donated by that ibiVR nutbag! Supporting kit wise I have an AEM AFR gauge to monitor fueling and an Apexi AVC-R boost controller.

There are a handful of people with similar spec in my area that have been running reliable 400hp for a few years now. 350-400 seems to be where you can go reliably with stock parts.

Boost control wise as kev says the C2 software will run any boost pressure quite happily. I can highly recommend the Apexi AVC-R boost control unit... easy to use little thing that has looadds of handy features for making bigger power 2wd cars a little more sane :)

If you go with the C2 management they basically send you an ecu and you plug it in and then drive! There is zero wiring to be done. Because it's an 'off the shelf' type map there are a few requirements build wise that you should discuss with C2 before buying anything like you need the right MAF housing and injectors.

i have heard of a few uk companies with kits in development, i reckon in 12 months there will be a few about.

Just take a while to provide a reliable piece of kit, with all the niggles ironed out. Bet they wont be as cheap as the yank kits though!

I can highly recommend the Apexi AVC-R boost control unit... easy to use little thing that has looadds of handy features for making bigger power 2wd cars a little more sane :)

Are you using the gear dependant boost limitation, or throttle / rpm based? I've had an Apexi for months, but haven't yet got round to wiring it up. Looks a bit complicated!

Thanks for that guys. think I'll be saving this thread for future reference lol

Does it still cope ok with low boost pressures? Ie if I was wanting some economy as my vr is my daily driver so at times I'd need to be bringing back some decent mpg.

Thank again

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

I have been running a Garrett T04S a/r 63 for 1.5 year. Doesnt work very well, because the a/r63 exhaust is to small from 5500rpm on third gear and up. So I have purchased a a/r 1.06 GT35R. I know the a/r82 is working very well, but Ive talked to diffrent people running the GT35R with the 1.06 house and its a killer turbo!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can highly recommend the Apexi AVC-R boost control unit... easy to use little thing that has looadds of handy features for making bigger power 2wd cars a little more sane :)

Are you using the gear dependant boost limitation' date=' or throttle / rpm based? I've had an Apexi for months, but haven't yet got round to wiring it up. Looks a bit complicated!

[/quote']

I am using the gear and the rpm based setup on my apexi and its much better than my old boostregulator.

I am going for one bar boost with the 1.5 c2 software, 8.5:1 spacer, Autotech 262 cams, and the turbo I want is the gt3071r with ar 1.06.

Do u guys think this will be good for 350whp? or will it be out of breath when I hit 5500rpm?

My old 0.82 GT3071R on a standard head and cams used to tail off at about 5800ish' date=' so a 1.06 should keep going past that with the Autotechs....

[/quote']

Thanks for the info, I guess there is less train on the engine keeping the rpms a little lower than going all the way to the redline. Or is the gt3076r a better alternative?

Do u have a dyno on each one of your turboes?