My supercharged golf - the love affair is over, it's gone :(

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Ben ;-)

Smooth Hamerite is the way to go, be careful on the choice of colour as you don't want to clash and ruin the look of the wheels. I was going for green calipers but it looked wrong on mine so played it safe with black.

Dragon Green with Shiney Lips and color coded centres is the new PURPLE ;-)

they do look good mate' date=' well done scene queen.

Oh and calipers should be black behind wheels as red makes it look like you wanted porka brakes but couldn afford...........plus you only have piddling little 280s dont ya

[/quote']

oi i got red calipers .... and no i didnt want porka brakes ... yeah rite lol

*SMUG*

Hammerite FTW

And as Craig said, u get so much u can jst keep doing them over and over!!!

Nice Ben ;-)

Smooth Hamerite is the way to go' date=' be careful on the choice of colour as you don't want to clash and ruin the look of the wheels. I was going for green calipers but it looked wrong on mine so played it safe with black.

Dragon Green with Shiney Lips and color coded centres is the new PURPLE ;-)

[/quote']

cheers mate and please don't say Dragon Green is the Purple as it makes baby Jesus cry ;) ;)

So I have had a complete nightmare with the car these last few days :( :( basically on Thursday last week after having the new wheels on for about 12 hours I drove to a hardware place to get some bits and as I was pulling into the car park and turning into a parking space I heard a terrible grinding noise from the front of the car and felt it drop suddenly, I slammed on the brakes and thought what the f**k !! looked out the passenger wing mirror to see the front passenger wheel rolling back out of view.

Shocked I got out the car and sure enough the front passenger wheel had sheered off the car !! :( :( I looked and all 5 off the wheel bolts and snapped leaving the wheel and adaptor to break off :( So the adaptor was stick attached to the wheel and all the bolts holding the adaptor on to the car had broken. I couldn't believe it and was completley gutted - luckily this was opposite the garage who had put them on for me so I walked over and explained what had happened, they couldn't believe it and were also totally shocked when they came over to help. We got the jacked up managed to un-thread the broken bolts from the hub stick the spare on and then we got the old wheels from my house and stuck them back on the car.

After several conversations with the admittedly shocked seller of the adaptors it seems that he had been buying proper bolts but then to make them shiny he had been spraying them with a spray which contained Zinc, and this had apparently eaten into the steel causing them to become week and causing them to snap.

Basically the car needs a new wing, new passenger door, new sill and whatever we find when we remove the wing as the front has crumpled quite badly, but now the guy has paid up (based on a couple of quotes I had got from bodyshops) I now have some decisions to make as to what to do !!

1256593645_5463_FT249558_22102009331_.jpg