hey, i'm new to this site, i have a german import 1996 vr6 2.9 3dr, today it sounded a little rough and seemed to be misfiring.

I added oil to the engine yesterday , premium shell oil, was the best the shop had, i'm not too techinical on these things, yet.

would this cause it ? is it temporary or do i need to get to a garage asaFp?

This is very strange mine has a misfire as well, in mine there was a spark coming off number 4 spark plug lead right next to the ign system and arcing on the engine, going to have a look at it tomorrow and see if i can sort it hopfully it will be a plug, lead or damp if anyone knows what else it could pease post, if not i will let you know what i find.

Sorry for the hijack

Cheers

Mike

Welcome to the forums the two of you.

Misfire seem common on the Vr's - definately investigate the leads and there connection to the plugs and the plugs themselves.

I had a slight light/part throttle misfire on mine a while back and new plugs cured it....

Let us know how you get on 8o)

Pete.

took 109 relay casing off.found a hairline crack around the soldered joint.been informed by auto elect. that this can cause non starting and missing.part of the loop not gettingthe signal to hall sender to spark when running/starting.also WD40 crank sensor.if your car won't start on the key,but will bump you are bypassing all the above.the ecu does not know the rest position[its lost its position]so it does not send the signal.a bit long winded but it cured my problems!