Induction pipe / breather

I have noticed that when some people fit performance induction kits and induction pipe, that they do away with some of the breathers and sensors that go between the rocker cover breather and the induction pipe.....so my question is...as im fitting a new induction kit, and trying to tidy up my engine bay....wot exactly can i do with out, and how is it achievable to loose some sensors without effecting the performance of the engine.

Thanks in advance.

Stoo

There are no sensors in the intake breather, it's a dummy plug. In cars destined for colder climates, it's a heater.

If you lose the breather, you'll need to run a length of hose down to the steering rack or you'll smell fumes in the cabin.

Personally I would leave the breather arrangements as they are.

• 10 months later...

There are no sensors in the intake breather' date=' it's a dummy plug. In cars destined for colder climates, it's a heater.

If you lose the breather, you'll need to run a length of hose down to the steering rack or you'll smell fumes in the cabin.

Personally I would leave the breather arrangements as they are.

[/quote']

I have a Question here. Will the amount of air that goes out of the oil breather cause MAF problems (overfueling)?

its a breather why would it cause overfueling . the answer is no it will not cause overfueling

Because I tought the air going out of the breather wasnt suposed to leave the engine any other way than out the exhaust. ?!

The air going out of the breather has been registered by the maf so this would have to cause overfueling.

What comes out of the breather isn't air though mate, it's exhaust gas laden with oil vapour.

If you have an air leak post MAF, then that can cause over fuelling, but not connecting the breather won't.

Ideally you want the crankcase fumes to be drawn in by the engine because it relieves pressure build ups, but the oil coats everything in sight unfortunately.

I understand what you are saying Bob. It is kinda like having a dump valve constantly open and exhausting MAF monitored air out of the engine. So I in theory then yes the engine would be overfuelling.

But I think the breather comes from the engine and connects to the intake so that the breather recirculates back into the engine. (might be totally wrong - am sure Kev will slap my wrists) The connection to the intake just needs closing up to stop the aforementioned overfuelling and the connection from the engine breathed to atmosphere.

However, I though it was illegal to route the breather to atmosphere and should always be recirculated.

What comes out of the breather isn't air though mate' date=' it's exhaust gas laden with oil vapour.

If you have an air leak post MAF, then that can cause over fuelling, but not connecting the breather won't.

Ideally you want the crankcase fumes to be drawn in by the engine because it relieves pressure build ups, but the oil coats everything in sight unfortunately.

[/quote']

Thanks man so would you leave it wented to atmos or resirc it then?