Which cams are better? 262? 264? 266? 268?

After much scratching of my head i've decided to save my money and instead of supercharging I tought id go for fine tweaking. Im not that mechanically minded on engines and wanted to know what the best Cams were for using in my car? I use the car as a short daily drive but more so for a play thing in scaring myself silly, so which is the better cam to go for 262, 264 or 266 etc? What benfits are there to between them.

Is a remap needed after fitting as well?

Thanks for any answers in advance

For cars that doesnt have supercharger or Turbo, I asume a pair off Dougherty Racing cams 268 will do the job. I think Ive read that this club has had a group buy on them.

DSR cams have a nice price and their 268's are very nice.

You can also try Autotech 262's..

I had a set off Kent Cams 264 on a Corrado VR6 i had 6 years ago.. I didnt think they made any change..

The Schimmel 263 cams are very nice cams, and alot off people are very happy with them. But most off them have Turbo.

DR.Schrick 268 are the classic cams that we all know work very well. But the DRC 268 have almost the same grind/lift and are 1/3 off the price.

Anyway, good luck:)

hmm,i've got a set of 268's which i was planning on fitting when i get my chains done to work along side the vsr manni,now after reading how good these 263s are ment to be what would be best?

268s + vsr or 263s + vsr?

sorry if this is a bit of a hijack but i didn't see any sense in starting a new thread on cams.

cheers

Schimmel 263 cams. Normally aspirated' date=' turbo or supercharger. They are the best cams around.

[/quote']

Id say them aswell, seen a few dyno print outs and they are well worth getting and perfect if undecided if you want to stay N/A or go F/I, they work well with both and they are cheap as the exchange rates favour us in the UK

hmm' date='i've got a set of 268's which i was planning on fitting when i get my chains done to work along side the vsr manni,now after reading how good these 263s are ment to be what would be best?

268s + vsr or 263s + vsr?

sorry if this is a bit of a hijack but i didn't see any sense in starting a new thread on cams.

cheers

[/quote']

if staying N/A the schrick mani was designed to work with 268's, so if youve already got them you might aswell stick with it

After much scratching of my head i've decided to save my money and instead of supercharging I tought id go for fine tweaking.

You'd be surprised mate, if as you say your not that mechanically minded I take it you'll have a garage fit the cams?

Price up all the parts needed to do it properly, the labour charges and mapping, then compare it to a stage 1 charger kit, which is really easy to fit as it really does just bolt on

Then compare the gains v's cash spent!!!

When I realised I binned my N/A plans and sold the cams and that and bought a charger setup

You'd be surprised mate, if as you say your not that mechanically minded I take it you'll have a garage fit the cams?

Price up all the parts needed to do it properly, the labour charges and mapping, then compare it to a stage 1 charger kit, which is really easy to fit as it really does just bolt on

Then compare the gains v's cash spent!!!

When I realised I binned my N/A plans and sold the cams and that and bought a charger setup

The only thing im concerned about is 250 Bhp going through the front tyres, very good in the dry at while at speed im guessing but is not poor from standstill or the wet? i.e to much torque? I dont use the gas peadl like an on/off switch but cams seemed to be givening me gains but without too much wheel spinning. *-)