• 1 month later...

Quick update...

The Friday before Edition 38, Gav and Nik dropped a couple of bits and bobs off chez nous, and as the special super cheap coilies had arrived we (well, I say we, it was more Gav) decided to surprise Mrs B and fit them whilst she was at work.

The man hard at work :)

DSC03553.jpg

DSC03550.jpg

Well, when I picked Mrs B up from work, she didn't even notice it was a LOT lower, well not until we pulled away and she noticed the slightly harder ride ;)

Anyway, didn't get any pics straight after fitting the coilies, or indeed at ED38, so spent today washing Tubbs ready for pics and fitting the front and rear speakers that were in the 306. I didn't realise the covers came of the rear quarter speakers until I'd completely removed the trim panel. What a d1ck :-d It was a right royal pain in the bum to get out too. Anyhoo, speakers are loads betterererer, Mrs B just needs to save up for the Hertz kit that she heard at the 'Four' stand at Edition :-p

After a good clean today! I did it yet again :^)

DSC03665.jpg

DSC03659.jpg

looks really good mate! i suggested these to you right? think you owe me a pint ;)

stil havent fitted mine! whats the ride like?

Aye, I might well do lol

Yeah it isn't that bad at all really. Not too hard, but settles a lot on the front after fitting, but I guess that is the weight of that lump under the bonnet. Definitely worth £150, all day long

Looks really cool in the lowered pics mate' date=' i think you would benefit from some new plates though!

[/quote']

Cheers dude! :) Yeah, we know, the plates look awful, don't they. Going to get some of those pressed metal ones, like German plates, but with normal shaped/styled lettering

looks really good mate! i suggested these to you right? think you owe me a pint ;)

stil havent fitted mine! whats the ride like?

Aye' date=' I might well do lol

Yeah it isn't that bad at all really. Not too hard, but settles a lot on the front after fitting, but I guess that is the weight of that lump under the bonnet. Definitely worth £150, all day long

[/quote']

wahoo beer! (B)

cool wont set mine too low at the front then. gonna be another month till mien are fitted, gonna roll the arches first and have paint sorted.

tried http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/ for plates?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Not much going on, apart from another dodgy wiring issue. Front N/S ABS sensor fault on VAG-com, turned out to be a broken wire to the sensor. The insulation was intact, but the copper strands were broken. Replaced the pins in the plug and hey presto. Did that on Friday, as the MOT was on Saturday. Was pleased when if flew straight through that as well. Not even an advisory :)

Next job is the chains. However, she's using a fair amount of oil which I suspect is tired valve stem seals. Have arranged a ABV block that has just come out of my mates Corrado (made way for a 2.8 24v). Will use that and the AAA in 'Tubbs' to make one good engine. Will be doing the clutch as well, and replacing thermo housing, crack pipe, and aux pump, all of which are leaking. Might treat her to a set of cleaned and refurbished injectors too...

• 2 months later...

Time for a small update. My mate has just upgraded his Corrado 24v VR with soime fancy new 17" Rotas and AP 4-pots, so his old wheels were going spare, and I thought it would be rude not to put them on the VR. Nice to finally get shot of the scabby standard BBS wheels and fit something a little bit bit different. Excuse the state of the car, she needs a bit of a wash.....

DSC_3939.jpg

DSC_3938.jpg

DSC_3934.jpg

Look good but need spacing out IMO :-)

They definitely sit right in the arches, don't they. Perhaps a 10mm space would do the trick. I guess I'd need different wheel blots in that case. What do you reckon?

Well I'm runnin 25 front 35 rear n that's flush with stretch and scrubbage lol

10 front should do the trick on the front' date=' maybe 15/20 for rear if it was my car :-)

An yeah u would need longer bolts

[/quote']

Thought as much. I found some spacer suppliers on eBay. I'm guessing that hubcentric spacers would be the best, as opposed to the cheapy ones?

• 1 year later...