Do you "show" your car???

Does anyone on here attend car shows not as a visitor but as a "show car"?

Until last year I had a Renault 5 Gt turbo(owned 7 years) which I showed at Donnyshow last year as part of the owners club.

I was the Northern Events Organiser for the club & really enjoyed showing my car after all the hard work & £££ i'd put into it & meeting the other members of the club.

Looking at the galleries there are plenty of mint motors on this site to have a club display at various shows around the country,has anyone ever bothered?

Time to polish them VR's people?? :)

I did a show n shine at the cgti mega meet last year but just to make up the numbers as they were short of mk3s!

The sites only been going since sept but I think we should be thinking of a VR6 golf stand at some shows this year ... over to you Pete

:D

[ Edited Sat Jan 31 2004, 04:35PM ]

I'll have a look at what shows are on this year & where they are,would people be interested in just vw type shows or ones that appeal to the masses?Last year when I showed at Donny I paid about £15-£20 for the weekend but got an Autoglym car kit of polish,shampoo & something else for free as they were a sponson.These days some of the newer shows let you in for free just to build up numbers.A line of polished Vr6's will always draw a crowd & its a good way of advertising the site,this is how sites like this can grow into bigger clubs. :)Surprised nobody took the piss for me being a GTT owner!

My Polo GTi has been on the Club Polo stand at a few shows, including the last 2 GTi Internationals.

One of my favourite shows for the 2 years has been the Edition38 show. Its a wickedly chilled out weekend withsome absolutely top notch cars sowing up. You can camp there too, or there is a Premier Lodge right outside the gates to the campsite. Its in Northampton, so fairly central. If you can only do one day Sunday is usually busier.

A stand there would be well worth it.