Pipercross VIS kit recommended over a BMC... im confused..

Morning fellaz,

The other day i went to AMD Teknic in essex to get my engine checked out as it wasnt sounding very healthy, while i was there i thought id look into getting an exhaust and and induction kit as i have a 6 branch raceland fitted already, when it came to what induction kit i wanted they recommended the Pipercross VIS kit as opposed to the BMC induction kits?!?! iv always thought that the BMC was the best induction kit you can get for a VR6..

Iv been reading all the posts on induction kits and noone mentions the VIS kits, so has anyone had any experience with this type induction kit?? also the cone filter on the VIS sits low under the front bumpers lower driver side vent, i thought that if it rained and it got wet would that effect performance at all?

Thanks

I know a few people who've had the Viper kit from Pipercross in the past and the quality for the price you pay is terrible.

I can't comment on this VIS kit as i've not seen one, but currently having a BMC myself, coming from a K&N and Jetex Carbon Box, I can honestly say that BMC wins it for me.

Good quality, not too loud and using VAG COM i've proved that it does lower intake temps.

One thing I did't like about the BMC kit when I was fitting it was the fact that its Universal and thus requiring some customisation of the brackets supplied which can be difficult for some people.

On the whole though the BMC is a superb kit.