project vr turbo - less than a grand - thread cleaned and updated 19 05 2009

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right some pics later, but i now have left , 1 sump to braize, 2 fuel pipes foir the begi , and 1 intercooler pipe. im hopefull of a saturday turn over. if not it will be ready for thr rr in stanstead. i may still make north weald.. :)

RIGHT, I M RUNNING A BEGI FMU, WHICH IS A BOOST DEPENDANT RISING fuel pressure reg..so a standard ecu should be ok, to start with .

intercooler silicons from ebay, and pipe from my local car parts exhaust place..amd after that buy a bench mounted vice and something to cut with..

no not yet , although last year i replaced everything on the car bar the paint :)

did you finish yours, as i was watching with intrest as my mate is currently mounting a m90 or m112 (dont know which one it is) to his vr..

they should both be intresting to drive.

coming along well.... i'm liking this tons.... just planning now.... Where did you get your fuel pressure regulator from???

Who did your sump????

i think that when i do mine it may cost a bit more as i'm not quite as technically minded so may have to pay for help :(

well, last update for a bit...

IT RUNS :):):)

had it runing for 30 secs or so, all is good, ive got the exhaust to fit, and the oil feed to tighten up , but it started first time, and runs smooth as a nut.

roll on the testing :)

its a day to late for north weald though , so sorry to those that wont see it..but its ready for the rr day at the end of the month

some pics for you

oh, dont worry about the air filter , its the only thing io had that fitted (i was loaned it by a freind) im getting a new one next week, itll fit behind the headlight opening.

1215887249_3866_FT231150_image001_.jpg

1215887249_3866_FT231150_image002_.jpg

wel, almost finished..exhaust is on ( 1 bolt to do) , oil feed is in and modified..just need to ptfe the oil feed adaptor, and the return is on , bar 1 very fiddly bolt..then i should be able to drive it.

ive also wired in my volt gauge, and my boost gauge , leaving me my afr gauge to do..ive also given it . its own lamda sensor which should keep things nice and level.

yeah, its running, hope to sort the rest tommorrow , then ill post a video.. ive got a annoying exhaust blow which i hope can be sorted by , getting some heat into the exhaust and then re-tightening the exhaust bolts.. id say maybe two days tops before its on the road proper

Mine seems to be full of little gremlins at the mo but its booked in for the end of the month fingers crossed all the gremlins are banished lol. If you friend manages to get an m112 in fair play nothings impossible, but an m90 is tight and a m112 is 30 mm longer in the rotors and 70 ish mm longer in the nose , but if geared right will make lots of boost