project vr turbo - less than a grand - thread cleaned and updated 19 05 2009

well as you can see, engine is on the stand and partially stripped. bottom chains are ok , but top will need replacing. the rivet on the guide has broken away and a piece of the long guide towards what would be the fron tof the engine is missing, but dont worry i found it all in the sump. :)

more pics tommorrow when i strip the head and wip of the sump to examine the crank and shells.

jim

1211121055_3866_FT231150_p180508_13.32_.jpg

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it is a low budget.. im gonna strip the rest of the engine tonight, so ill post some more pics later..

ive also found a water cooling kit, which i could use on the intercooler, and it comes within my budget..

but im gona get the tubby first

have you seen the vr6 turbo in pvw with the custom charge cooler built into the inlet manifold it looks so good you want get some of that going jim

did you read how intricate it was and that he'd never do it again tho. lol don't blame him, but damn it looks awesome and works a treat!

been watching this and even i'm getting excited! :D

good luck

ha ha very funny, still cant get them to upload..

but i stripped the inlet manifold off tonight , and cam gear, then manage dto snap one stud on the exhaust mani, and mangle two others..

still its slowly coming together

right , well a quick update for you all, tonight we have stripped the head and seperate it from the block , the head itself is fine, but no 5 piston is fugged, the little end has excessive movement and means the bottom end in its curent state is worthless to me. that being the case im chucking all the turbo stuff onto my current engine, i will then rebuild the other bottom end , at my lesuire, this also ensures i keep within my budget of 1000 pounds..

right , well got the last but one bit on my parts list, just got hold of a t3/4 garret turbo, good for 400-450 bhp, ill post the ar when i get the tubby, but im hoping to see very little lag..just need some cheap arp head bolts now??? any ideas???