Just got c2 software..

Ok so i got my c2 chip & software this morning and installed it all on my vr6 turbo but i've got a concern i need answering..

First time i started the car, the rev's were propper bouncy (like high lift cam's) and instantly had black smoke out the back so straight away turned the engine off. Tried with original chip in and all is fine, no smoke etc. Just wondering do i need to leave it 5-10mins to adapt itself etc or does it sound like something else? Everything runs fine with original chip, just not sure whether c2 chips need time to adjust first time like some ecu's etc, any advice would be appreciated

yeh as mentioned check for leaks in the pipes will also cause over feuling, a mate has c2 software , unplugged his ecu before a rolling road session because he had to finish some welding or something , got to the RR found it was 25% over feuling, missed and splutter all the way there , after the sesion it started to calm down 2 days later it was fine again

thats weird because how can you just plug the original chip in and its fine with the 440cc green tops?

when first fitting the c2 software you do need atleast 4-5 coldstarts for it to adapt the throttle and idle i think but you shouldnt see black smoke out the back well i didnt with mine anyway.

sounds silly but where have you located your maf?

are you using the 3bar fpr?

have you put the right chip into the enscription module then plugged it into the ecu socket?

the c2 chip is not mapped for those injectors also are you still using the standard 3" maf

try rob at perfect touch near london, strictly dubs recently had a vr6T mapped there and i kno people with porsches and skylines who are happy with his maps just another option

It was a map for my injectors actually.. But still didn't work' date=' was using 4"maf as well.. Thinking about getting either a link gem3 or maybe the new emerald unit which can do 3 seperate maps

[/quote']

1. Is the maf pointing the right way?

2. Is it a OBD1 36# C2 setup you run?

3. o2 is working / VAG-Com test?

4. If you have black smoke, you obivisualy get to much fuel. Have you tried to let the car idle and adapt?