Well, i am trying to get to the magic number, 100bhp/litre. I seem to be stuck on 220-230. I thought if we all put our minds together we might have a chance. So far i have done everything possible to my car, ported and polished everythin, custon cams, cai and all that.... Currently there are no other tuning products on the market that can help me. I am in the process of building an intake manifold to equal the runner lengths, with ida style throttle bodies and i have asked a friend to cut me a few cams to see. This will be the third manifold i am fabricating, but my problem here is i doubt a manifold/cam will give me the extra 50horses i so desperately desire. Come on people!!! any ideas short of getting my fat a** out of the car to make it faster will be appreciated.

Good luck is all I can say, you can probably get 3.1 litre pistons, but you will be so close to the water jackets in the block, its not worth it in the long run - might as well just get it blown for the money you would be spending on it.

I'm bored utp a 2.9 litre, producing 218BHP with my schrick big valve head,. schrick VGI, 6 branch, BMC, stock cams, decat and miltek.

Your quite vauge with your power figures, have you had it rolling road? what were your ACTUAL figures, BHP and Torque? Post your graphs, what duration cams have you got? again, your quite vauge with that.

The only way realistically your going to get 280BHP is with a charger.

i know but once i get it blown then what? this way i can get loads of excuses to spend money on my car.

Seriously, you need to ask your self, whats the point? Why not just enjoy the car? no need to keep spending money on it, you will never see that money again...

you have to draw the line in the sand somewhere.

i do not have access to a rolling road mate, i know it drives me insane everytime i change something i have to drive around for hours trying to fine tune the ms. I have cams from 268-292 and a friend has cut 4-5 copies between this. i am on a 280 at the moment. is the schrick head worth it? u should try and get beehive valve springs for ur dub, they are soo hard to find but i reckon the best thing i bought. As for the tuning, i have a 550cid big block chevy s10 thats my mad car i just love the way my vr revvs and i drove a blown one didnt like it much. And never seeing the money again, i know : ( but to me money has nothing to do with it, if its there i spend it if it aint i try and make it.

• 3 weeks later...