Front Lip Spoiler

all n plate onwards had that splitter (which, yes, you're right is the same as the cl one)

easily sorted though, get an earlier vr6 one..just clips on. i'd go for a geniuine one mind, a friend bought a copy and it didn't last long. o.e. ones can take a fair amount of abuse.

which bit simon?

As for genuine ones it depends how much abuse it gets... for me its not worth the extra money as it gets scraped on the floor so often I need to keep replacing them anyway. Ive found the gpc ones quite a good fit and pretty tough... GSF ones are a crap fit and mine broke in 2 places :(

It does just clip on' date=' but you'll find the plastic inner arch and ducting does NOT bolt up to them as the CL one does. So in order to do it properly its not just a case of clip on/off![/quote']

oh, yeah, theres sort of a triangular bit of plastic under the corner of the car that attaches to the splitter and the inner arch liner ain't there. you'd need different ones of those...i think the arch liners are actually the same though.

Yes the front leading edge of the inner arch liners had a self tapper that screwed through the edge of the stock spoiler - this diesnt meet up with the deeper early style VR6 spoiler so you need to cable tie the front edge of the arch liners up otherwise they will rub on the tyres when on lock.

Pete.

Just there to protect the inner arches from crud and stonechips etc.

Tbh i wouldnt remove them if at all possible - just got o think back to the days when cars didnt have them and promtly had the front wings rot out at the front corners - Mini anyone :o

Pete.

Ive just picked up a pair of the little corner under tray bits to fit an early spoiler but not fitted them yet

On a similar subject what would be the consequences of removing the arch liners altogether?

Not got any in mine now after finding out the hard way about the early splitters not marrying up. First time on the motorway they fell down witht the wind force and pulled the inners arches down too, cracking them all. So took them off to replace them, found loads of wet mud and crap sitting there behind them waiting to rot my inner wings, so cleaned it all up in there and gave it a nice coat of Waxoyl. Just make sure I keep it nice and clean in there now.

Not had any problems and been like it for a good while now. Only difference is you occasionally get some stone noise from gravel etc.. hitting the inner arches.