Driving to Germany next week, anything i should consider b4 i go

I've driven to germany b4, getting all the little niggly bits done on me car, going to reply on sat nav to get me there.

Going to Munich for work over a weekend and hoping for Sunday off to pop over to the ring for a few laps and have a blast on the autobahn.

Any idea on how long it might take from calais to munich, i reckon about 9 hours all being well.

got me gb plates, bulbs, jump leads, wonga, warning triangle, got to get some beam bender jobbies, rac and insurance

the vr is lowered about 70mm, going with p&o, anyone had any problems getting on and off the ferry?

Anything glaringly obvious i've missed chaps?

Ferries are usually pretty good with cars on the floor. I do Le Mans every year and there are pleany of exitic old and new that run low. If it helps get the guys out when it goes on

Juts take your time over it. They have a special lane/ramps etcetc for low cars, wide cars high cars etc..... Always worth getting there on time also so there is no you just have to go where it fits kinda thing... as you're that last car on

Cheers for all the input everyone

Deffo taking some tools, water, torch and bits an bobs, as wel as maps in case me sat nav does one on the way

Fair point about the ring being a fair distance from munich, i thought a 3-4 hour drive, set off at 6, get there at 10, spend a few hours there, do lunch, wander back, not in a hurry if i have the day off, may aim to finish early have go there on the way back

I hope i don't take the curse with me Pete, i aim to drive carefully as i'd like to drive all hte way back but once i'm there you never know

C'mon Jon, pop over with your 4mo and i'll show you how to drive round the twisties ;)

Pads fitted this morning, nice and easy, they even came with new caliper bolts which is nice. Should have bedded in by the time i get the Munich.

Anyone got any recomendations on tools and bits to take, thinking of taking my trolley jack with me and socket set, electrical bits but didnt know if this was excesive? i'll have euro breakdown while i'm over there.