What chip & at what price from where ??

Hiya all... reading through soe of the forums i get the idea about OBD1 & OBD2 etc...

What i don't get is what type is my M reg 1995 VR6 ? .... Now to the big one which chip yeilds the best power hike on a stock motor no other mods yet ?? and secondly how much should i be paying ??? & from whom do i get them,....

any advice greatly accepted !!

1202075219_6979_FT0_vw_badge.png

hi mate, from what i understand chip's dont relaly do much or anything for standard vr6's.

yours is an OBD1 which can see a small gain i think from a chip, but i wouldnt bother tbh, do teh exhaust, induction kit, 6 branch...plenty of better ways to gain power

• 6 months later...

Thought I'd re open this as I'm looking at a few different mods to make, so is there likely to be a power gain or is it a waste of money?

I have an R reg 97 model, not sure what engine type.

I basically just want a few power gain ideas that aren't going to bankrupt me.

you can do it quite cost effecftively. 2nd hand ones are always popping up. Or new is not as expensive as you think.... Zorst can be a similar cost to replacing the standard parts...my made to measure was cheaper :D and I will never have to change it again. It is free for life.... ;)

Trust us all. As soon as you do the basic mods you will be like why didnt i do it years ago. It doesnt have to be chavtastic. It can be nice a subtle....