Over the last year I have been fitting an eaton m90 supercharger to what was my daily driver, before it got driven into just as I was getting happy with it. I was wondering if anyone had seen or heard of one of these being used on a VR that has been mapped and up and running? Mine made it to edition 2007 with no probs

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1201362196_6361_FT0_2.jpg]1201362196_6361_FT0_2_.jpg[/lightbox]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The are a range of eatons out there with varying flow rates, most people only really know about the M45 off the mini cooper s these I believe are used by tracksport as a G40 polo upgrade. The M45 is to small for a VR producing 0.75 of a litre of air per revolution, meaning it would need to be over driven just to meet atmospherice pressure, I have used a M90 this produces 1.5 litres per rev and has quite a compact size compaired to some. It made 256 bhp & 241 ftlb (@ 6.5-7 psi) at Stealth last august, with aquamist and and no other coolers. I am now working on stage two more pressure and a chargecooler

• 3 months later...

Stage two is nearly complete now, just messing about with all the fiddly bits. Should be able to start it for the first time since the head was over hauled and spacer gasket fitted earlier this year touch wood I havnt missed anything. Just got to pull my finger out a bit due at stealth early next month. Lets see what happens with 11+ psi and the cooler

Spent hours last night going over everything I could think of, making sure it was all tight etc, washing out inlets and chargecooler getting rid of the deadly swarf bits. Then got proper confused doing wiring lights at the end of the tunnel though.

Got her started for the first time in 6 months last night all seemed ok, very relieved doesnt seem to be any leaks and as long as i dont get any i should be sweet. Not to sure what pressure will be even with dump valve spingless and wedged open it was making 0.4 bar at 3000 rpm. Charge cooler seemed to be taking about 60 deg c out of the charge temp so that seems good to go :)

No real reason for doing it over buying a kit , I just fancied a challenge lol. Aswell as owning something a bit different. My set up does produce a fair bit more torque low down than the equivalent vortech set up but that makes a few more hp aound red line

The parts list is pretty big with many of them being home made, due to nobody ( as far as Im aware) doing it before.

Quick list:

water injection

eaton m90 charger

small alternator

remote oil filter

ARP rod and head bolts

custom chargcooler, charger brackets, pulleys, pipework, rad mounts

If the is anything you are perticularly interested in please ask