VR6OC National Meet 1-3 Aug 2008

This was my first meet with the club; thank you to everybody for making me feel very welcome; I had a great time. Its been awhile since I've drank so much beer and ate so many burgers!!!

I am flattered and surprised that my VR was voted the best original, it won't be next year! After seeing some cracking VR's this weekend, I am inspired to fettle mine slightly 8-|

Thanks again everybody, look forward Edition 38.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so who won what then' date=' as i didnt get to go in the end , as id hoped :(

[/quote']

Donna has the award ceremony photos. But the list goes:

Best In Show: Sals VR

Runner up in show: GaVR6in

Most Improved: VR6Pete

Best Original: GadgetMaster ( although personally I can't see how any VR with a coil pack can be called original ;-) )

NA 1/4 Mile: DLea with a 14.2

I am flattered and surprised that my VR was voted the best original' date=' it won't be next year! After seeing some cracking VR's this weekend, I am inspired to fettle mine slightly 8-|

[/quote']

GavVR6in won original last year and overall runner up this year. So there is a precedence!

Cheers Nigel for making such an effort to bring everything along again' date=' your car gives Mary Poppins carpet bag a run for it's money lol

[/quote']

No worries peeps. Hope it didn't get us banned for next year! Going to really have to up the anti at Edition38 now the UK-MKIVs have stolen the secret of the 'magic lantern'

Was also very good to see something different from MK3 Golfs at the event.

Thanks to Nigel for bringing all the gear

Another great meet up was good to see everyone again and meet some new people, sorry we had to shoot off after the pwizes, slept for about 13 hours last night!

Well done to Sal, Gav, Pete and Neil! :-)

looking forward to edition...

will post pics up when I've resized them all zzz

gutted i missed this, but the car needed retaxing, then add petrol, camping fees, and beer on top and with only me working it is just to much money.

i aint however missing ed38, although i can only make the sat/sun and not the friday as im rosta'd to work nights

First meet for me but all did not go well, left the ignition on in the car by mistake which killed the ignition switch, hopefully next time I can spend time chatting than stressing :) It was good speaking to some of you and I am sure we will meet again at ed38!

• 3 weeks later...