Hi everyone - been away for a few months but Im back now :)

My car went in for a respray and a few little body mods in August (I know the bloke so he took the p*ss with the time doing it!) and I havent had it back since. Saw it on Saturday and its looking good - should have it back this week - Votex splitter repaired (til the next time I hit it on a speed hump anyway)

I'll add some pics when I get the car back - I'll add some I've got from before it was sprayed.

Hopefully this link works

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=25630&id=680911637

Alright Pete - a group of us were meant to be going over May bank hols but not sure if were still doing that now, no more trackdays or ring trips in my car for a while though I wana savour the fresh paint & try and keep it stone chip free for a few months! Im riding my bike to Spain at the end of July so I might stop at the ring en route :0)

Ha ha - glad it hasnt put you off going again Pete! Where did you get the Mk2 from - the plate seems quite familiar, was it from someone on here?

Got my car back tonight - it was amazing seeing & hearing it come down the road, only thing is I cant drive it for a few weeks cos I've had a skin graft on my leg! Nevermind...

Ha ha - glad it hasnt put you off going again Pete! Where did you get the Mk2 from - the plate seems quite familiar' date=' was it from someone on here?

Got my car back tonight - it was amazing seeing & hearing it come down the road, only thing is I cant drive it for a few weeks cos I've had a skin graft on my leg! Nevermind...

[/quote']

picked it up from Brighton just before xmas mate.... but has been GTI spring fest before now... was a 1.8 8V but will soon be a 2.9 VR6 once more!

wont look anything like that by the time it comes out the garage.,... got new grill, all G60 arches and new skirts etc... all new door mouldings / clips etc... will look tidy at least!

bodywork is in better condition than my old VR6 was !! there were 2 bloody great holes in the rear footwells of my old one!

Put me off? nah.... just learn from my mistakes.... well obvously not, cus im going again! haha, its gonna be quicker than last time, thats for sure!

pete

Ah wicked! Thats gonna shift!

Took a couple of pics but only had my phone, broke the screen on my digi cam but my mates gonna take some for me tomorrow - I've added them to my facebook album with the rest http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=25630&id=680911637

Nothing ground braking done to it really, just a few subtle bits smoothed over, debadged * de-wipered on the boot with a boot pop fitted which I had hooked up in place of the rear wiper to operate it. Had all the bodykit off & bumpers so the whole cars been painted - had a new windscreen fitted aswell while it was in cos it had loads of chips all over the place.