The usual symptoms, lumpy power delivery, feels like the exhaust has been blocked, occasionaly stalls when trying to put power down from the lights but runs ok on the motorway, although a little drained. Have to feather in the throttle to get some revs up.

Am I right in thinking my cat could be busted? As I've had a few stinky egg smells at the lights, or is my maf sensor on its way out?

I've got a set of plugs and leads to fit this weekend and a full zorst with decat, should I get my hands on a maf too just to be safe?

YEEHAAWW!! All sorted, took the maf off, gave it a good clean with some crazy dangerous electonic cleaner my dad had, stripped down the BMC and gave here a mild clean (need a cleaning kit to do it properly) and noticed that the wiring at the maf plug was all broken up so wasn't connecting properly. Bit of bodging and she runs better than ever!! Amazing how you go from hating them to being in love all over again.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually repaired my plug. Cut off the wires into the plug, removed the tiny little metal clips inside each of the little holes in the plug (it is possible!), got hold of new tiny metal clips, conected the wires up and pushed them back into the plug. Its well fiddly, and only replace the ones you need to.