Very very short journeys in a VR6...

Thinking of getting a VR6, problem is i only work 1 mile away from home about a 3 or 4 minute journey max, will it be any use getting a VR6, starting it up in the morning and driving it for only 1 mile the car wont be even warmed up and i will shut the engine off when i park up, someone told me that wont be good for the car the engine, the fuel consumption wont be good you gotta give the VR a good drive, the oil wont warm up around the car and you'll be doing more bad to the car than good

can you confirm this or is he talking a load of cobblers?

what if i start up the car in the morning then sit in it for a good 10 mins and warm the car up then drive to work then drive around the sides roads for a few mins then park up, even still probly max 2 miles

1 mile away, why dont you just walk...or at a push get a bike.

For a one mile journey i wouldnt even bother starting my VR up. Your fuel consumption will be bad yes, but thats pretty much VR's for you in general. I wouldnt bother getting one if thats all the use its going to get.

My opinion of course.

As mentioned previously, why the hell don't you walk or bike to work??! 1 mile will take less than 2 mins by bike. which is probably quicker than driving anyway, assuming there is traffic along the way.

Yes you should get a VR, but no you shouldn't drive it to work! Keep it as a weekend toy and keep your mileage down, not to mention fuel bills. Plus you'll be doing your bit for the environment by not driving to work :)

yep people i was gonna add that to my post as my suggestion of getting a bike to work!

Will get the VR, probably walk it or bike it to work (not now in the winter) or actually better still get my mate to drop me off yo work he works at the same place hmmm