oh that what i thought mate so basically just half a rebuild that sounds a bit more realistic i was starting to think i was a bit pricey for a second lol i reckon i could have done a bit more for that price. did you have a new crank or just have the old one reground or was the crank ok and just have new shells.

aww mate dont get me started lol. My Mk2's bottom end went and is still broken! dropped the oil and no schwarf in the oil or filter so thought i could get away with new shells and some ver4y minor scoring on the crank was wet and dried out. Still fookin knocks all be it no where near what it was like. kinda thinking one of the rods is slightly oval or something. New oil pump as that was the cause.

Just need the bottom end doing as everything else was ok. Didnt want to have to buy another one as i just done the chains and new piston rings in this one!

I may have found a recon engine though for less than £500 so dunno! Just waiting to hear what work that has had done first.

well i have a bottom end that ran sweet but smoked so pretty sure it just needs some rings mate if its any good to you you can have for £50 its still complete engine at mo obd 1 dizzy type but there all interchangeable if you wanted complete engine to make good one out of 2 you could have for £80.Carl