Will the R32 engine fit into the mk3 golf? I've seen them in mk2s but never a mk3. I wanted that extra power without having to SC or turbo. Reliability and 240bhp would be nice. I looked through the forms, and someone said that you can pick up a brand new R32 engine for £2500-£3000. I was thinking of getting my vr6 engine rebuilt by stealth for £2700, but if i can get a R32 for £3000 then £500-£800 for fitting, then i'm laughing. Will it fit though????????

Oh, and Mackenzie, if you can get an R32 lump fitted for £500-£800, you're a lucky man! Have you asked or spoken to a garage about the fitting? you'll need custom exhausts and all sorts. And if you want to go 4WD, you'll need to sort out things like fuel tank mods and rear axle mods.

Don't think it'll be as cheap as you think tbh. There was a chap on here or on the corrado forum with a 24V V6 engine from a passat. Much easier, and it's been done a few times now so there's some experience floating about.

How much would it be to fit the engine and the custom exhausts, running 2wd? I was just guestermating on fitting the engine. Can't be more than £1500. Could it???

I surpose if i did go down the 24v v6 route, all i would have to do, is get it chipped and stick on a induction kit to get the same sort of power, and as you said theres some info floating about on the 24v conversion, so it should be alot less hassle.

What sort of power does Stealth's £2700 rebuild give?

The R32 is only about 240bhp isn't it?

A standard 4motion engine is 204bhp.

Mine's only got an air filter, cat back exhaust, Schrick and a remap and produces 209bhp.

If it's just a bit more power you're after there must be more economical ways to get it and still achieve standard reliability without resorting to an R32 lump.

Although, didn't it sound good in that clip! ;)