Speed camera or not?

Whilst driving to work to day i was coming down our local dual carridge way doing about 79 (i believe the limit is 70 whoops!) and due to a lot of traffic about didn't notice that there was a white van on the side of the road with 2 cameras on it (both on poles above van, 1 higher than other) now was this a speed camera van or a traffic survey van? I've got 9 points and if it was a speed camera van i'm screwed!

:(:(

I hoping it was a traffic survey van B)

Do you know the local authority where you think you were caught? I think that the dates and routes which mobile speed cameras operate need to be published - you could check the local authorities website to check if they were operating on that road on that date.

Sounds like either a speed or tax disc camera mobile unit, they have them all near me all the time, can get you from the front or rear number plate (speeding or tax evasion). Most are from the front so that they have the pic of driver too! This is what I got done with for doing 34mph in a 30mph! Cheeky bugger was parked to the side of the road, so sped up to over take him, as had to go slightly on otherside of the road! B*stards must of got loads of peeps as they effectively made you accelerate to get around them safely! Whe I complained to local authorities they said I could go to court, but risked a heavier fine and possibly further prosecution!

Feckin mobile units there enough bloomin fixed gatso's is god forsaken country ~:(

I get the mini hitlers in the local parish council armed with there speed guns in my village they stand there with the bloomin yellow jackets on armed with a clip bored and speed gun bought no less from our bloomin council tax kitty ~:( ~:( ~:(

I have had enough! Ok occasionally I break the speed limit but no more than every other person but i do consider myself a safe driver! B)

Have you every noticed how speed camaras/units and patrol cars cause more problems on the roads as every one suddenly hits there brakes its no wonder the motorways bottle neck so much seeing theres a bloody camara unit on every other soding motorway bridge now ~:( ~:( ~:(

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Phew glad I got that out of my system :D

mate - if 9 points aint taught you to slow down yet........... B)

Jules

I've had 2 speeding (only just over the limit 1 was a mobile unit) and the other 3 were from a young cop who said i failed to stop at a crossing when there was n't even anyone waiting to cross the road!!!!

If it goes to court i'll have to use the "need my car for work" plea and hope they just fine me. If not its find a new job and get the vr in the garage and get it sorted properly ;)

Claire' date=' are the mini hitlers out in Sandford then? Will have to watch out for them on the weekends! :-([/quote']

Oh yes they wanted to stand at the end of our driveway and catch speeders but my Nan basically told them to sod off :P 8o)

If thats not bad enough there putting in a sh!t loads of speed ramps through Banwell so that'll be fun driving my lowered cars through there &|